“Budget ski holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Timbuktu, Mali
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Budget ski holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Small sized resort, ideal for the beginner skier as well as intermediate. Lift rental only $15! Plenty of 2 for 1 offers, and free skiing days. Equipment rental also cheap and staff very friendly and helpful.

Visited March 2013

Dieppe, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great place to ski”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

My family, consisting of my wife, my nine year old son and myself, enjoyed two days of skiing on March 3 and 4, 2013.

Both my son and my wife are fairly good skiers (green and blue trails), while I'm still just learning how not to break anything. The majority of the hill is made up of blue trails (of varying levels of difficulty), although the two green trails I used were more than adequate to keep me challenged and allow me to learn surely but slowly.

The staff at the hill is absolutely fabulous. Every staff member was courteous, welcoming and professional. One gentleman assisting at the ski lift (I believe his name was Bill) continuously provided me with encouragement and high-fived my "accomplishments" at keeping upright as he observed my descents on the hill.

We also savored an assortment of food during our snacks and lunches. Everything was priced very fairly, was fresh and tasty. Considering how most tourist attractions squeeze every dime out of you by charging unreasonable food prices, it was nice to not feel gouged for a change.

To top everything off, the lift ticket prices were an amazing bargain at only $15 per person for the day. As we learned from their website, this was not a special, but rather the regular price.

This is not a big ski hill by any stretch. I would say that it is comparable in size to Poley Mountain or Wentworth Ski Hill (probably a bit smaller). But given the choice of ski hills, I would easily choose Big Rock over the other two. It wins out in each category I've already mentioned: price (both lift tickets and food), quality of food and staff (they actually seem as though they're happy to see you there).

The only thing I can't comment on is how Big Rock compares with the number/difficulty level of trails, as I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to venture forth an opinion.

A wonderful ski experience for the whole family.

Thank you to everyone at Big Rock.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank cyqmatc

Been to Big Rock Mountain? Share your experiences!