“Would not recommend”

and 1 more site!
Red Barn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milbridge
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place is old, run down and not clean. We're not fussy people but there was hair in the tub and the sink was so old you couldn't tell if it was clean or not. Have three words for this motel, nasty, nasty, nasty. Keep on going down the road don't stop here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faylamassage
RedBarnMotel, Owner at Red Barn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

I am so sorry your stay with us in September of 2013 was unsatisfactory. We just recently finished renovating all our rooms with new carpet, paint, linens, and other in room amenities as of April 2014. I do hope you will give us another try should you be in the area again, and if you like you can contact me directly by asking for Kristen when you call. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place is a great find and a great value. The building is set well back from the road making it very quiet. I had a huge room, very bright and clean, with a balcony over-looking the water. For $53.50 (single) it was a score. Nice little town too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank michael n
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was doing some family history research in the area for a weekend, so really just wanted a basic room, which is what this place offers. The lady who checked me in was a real peach who reminded me of my own grandmother except sweeter and was very friendly and helpful. She offered me a corner room on the second floor of the farthest building which seemed to be the only building they had open at the time. The view from the room over the Narragaugus River was very nice. The room itself, I imagine, hadn't been updated since the 80s or 90s, but it was large, clean (in fact, it smelled faintly of bleach), had plenty of towels, and had a pine tree car air freshener hanging from the curtain rod. There was a nice selection of channels on the TV, a refrigerator in the large bedroom, and the heat kept me warm. There is apparently wi-fi available, but the dear old lady who checked me in knew nothing about it, and my laptop and phone barely picked up a signal in my room. Still, that wasn't an issue for me. My only complaint about the room was a complete lack of water pressure that made taking a shower in the morning a challenge. Water, when it did come out of the shower head, was in fits and spurts and barely a trickle. Nevertheless, for $50/night, I would stay here again. It's right in the heart of Milbridge, so I could walk to places to eat and the Hannaford's, I had an excellent view of the river, and I slept okay.

Room Tip: Apparently the non-smoking rooms are on the second floor, but check the water pressure in the shower...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed here because they allowed dogs. We have three large dogs. The room was clean, and there's a nice wooded area to walk the dogs. The restaurant is closed, but there are places to eat that are close. Since all we do is sleep, we didn't mind that the motel is older.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RLBArtist
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was a cheap motel ($64 a double no breakfast). It was clean and the room quite large with a table and a porch with a lovely view over a lake. There was no breakfast but for the price you could not complain. Basic, simple, but clean. The wifi did not work for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leighae54
Reviewed 29 July 2012

OK Motel where the room (36) was quite good for the price. Else the place looks a bit rusty. There is a very nice restaurant (44 degree north) in walking distance! The own restaurant seems closed. Worthwhile staying a night over if your are traveling #1.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Stefan J
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I had to go to a funeral in Milbridge and called ahead for a reservation because I wanted to give the staff enough time to clean the room after reading bad reviews. When I got there the entry carpet had a few little staines but the rest of the room was clean and we even pulled down the bed and checked for bugs. The matress was a Serta Perfect Sleeper and no bugs were found. I feel I got an excelent value of 2 Queen Beds for $74.95 with tax. The restaraunt was closed down but there was a little restaraunt called The Fishermans Wife just around the corner within walking distance. My uncle who is a retired Marine thought the motel was "doable" and up to his standards as well. He walked around Millbridge and took sun rise pictures that were beautifull. I would stay there again but always call ahead just to make sure they can have a CLEAN ROOM!

Room Tip: CALL AHEAD to make sure there is a clean room waiting for you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milbridge
Acadia Hotel
#3 of 3 in Machias
Machias River Inn
Machias River Inn
#2 of 3 in Machias

Been to Red Barn Motel? Share your experiences!