“For Location Only”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milbridge
Orono, Maine
“For Location Only”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stay here for work perodically for two reasons only: location and cheap. Have learned to bring sleeping bag I don't care about and sleep in that on top of bedding. Shower use not recommended. Must like cats, as they are everywhere. Last time, my partner from work and I had to be careful not to let a pregnant cat into the rooms, because it was well below 0 out and she was definitely looking for a warm(ish) place to have those kittens. If the 44 North resturant ever closes then the last reason for us to stay here will be gone (but that's another review). As for other "reviewers" giving this place a thumbs up, they are either owner sockpuppets or typical low-rent, sledneck Mainahs like the Beans of Egypt.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TScotRhys
RedBarnMotel, Owner at Red Barn Motel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
I am so sorry your recent stay with us was unsatisfactory. We just recently finished renovating all our rooms with new carpet, paint, linens, and other in room amenities as of April 2014. I do hope you will give us another try, and if you like you can contact me directly by asking for Kristen when you call. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chichester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place is old, run down and not clean. We're not fussy people but there was hair in the tub and the sink was so old you couldn't tell if it was clean or not. Have three words for this motel, nasty, nasty, nasty. Keep on going down the road don't stop here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Faylamassage
RedBarnMotel, Owner at Red Barn Motel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
I am so sorry your stay with us in September of 2013 was unsatisfactory. We just recently finished renovating all our rooms with new carpet, paint, linens, and other in room amenities as of April 2014. I do hope you will give us another try should you be in the area again, and if you like you can contact me directly by asking for Kristen when you call. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Milbridge hotels

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place is a great find and a great value. The building is set well back from the road making it very quiet. I had a huge room, very bright and clean, with a balcony over-looking the water. For $53.50 (single) it was a score. Nice little town too!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank michael n
Hallowell, Maine
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was doing some family history research in the area for a weekend, so really just wanted a basic room, which is what this place offers. The lady who checked me in was a real peach who reminded me of my own grandmother except sweeter and was very friendly and helpful. She offered me a corner room on the second floor of the farthest building which seemed to be the only building they had open at the time. The view from the room over the Narragaugus River was very nice. The room itself, I imagine, hadn't been updated since the 80s or 90s, but it was large, clean (in fact, it smelled faintly of bleach), had plenty of towels, and had a pine tree car air freshener hanging from the curtain rod. There was a nice selection of channels on the TV, a refrigerator in the large bedroom, and the heat kept me warm. There is apparently wi-fi available, but the dear old lady who checked me in knew nothing about it, and my laptop and phone barely picked up a signal in my room. Still, that wasn't an issue for me. My only complaint about the room was a complete lack of water pressure that made taking a shower in the morning a challenge. Water, when it did come out of the shower head, was in fits and spurts and barely a trickle. Nevertheless, for $50/night, I would stay here again. It's right in the heart of Milbridge, so I could walk to places to eat and the Hannaford's, I had an excellent view of the river, and I slept okay.

Room Tip: Apparently the non-smoking rooms are on the second floor, but check the water pressure in the shower...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Richard H
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed here because they allowed dogs. We have three large dogs. The room was clean, and there's a nice wooded area to walk the dogs. The restaurant is closed, but there are places to eat that are close. Since all we do is sleep, we didn't mind that the motel is older.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RLBArtist
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was a cheap motel ($64 a double no breakfast). It was clean and the room quite large with a table and a porch with a lovely view over a lake. There was no breakfast but for the price you could not complain. Basic, simple, but clean. The wifi did not work for us.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leighae54
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 29 July 2012

OK Motel where the room (36) was quite good for the price. Else the place looks a bit rusty. There is a very nice restaurant (44 degree north) in walking distance! The own restaurant seems closed. Worthwhile staying a night over if your are traveling #1.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Stefan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milbridge
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
#19 of 41 in Bar Harbor
Bluebird Motel
Bluebird Motel
#3 of 3 in Machias

Been to Red Barn Motel? Share your experiences!