“Rustic Ruthie's”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Millinocket
Hotel Terrace and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Millinocket
Oromocto, Canada
“Rustic Ruthie's”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

With the limited choices in Millinocket for decent accommodation, I was relieved to find this establishment to be amongst the better of them. There are no extravagant amenities, it is basic hotel accommodation. The price reflects this as well, and you get what you pay for. One nice touch is the fact that there is free wi-fi available. My connection was fast and I did not encounter any speed issues. This is a family owned and operated hotel and from the onset, I was made to feel welcome and was greeted by first name. Ruth also runs the restaurant and bar with homemade dishes and desserts. I did enjoy the meals and left feeling satisfied. The hotel is dated but it is kept in good shape. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well stocked. A mini fridge was in my room, which solved my problem of having to go out and get ice. Giving the room a modern touch, a flat screen TV sits upon the bureau and has a significant television channel selection. My overall experience was positive. If you are not looking for the world of amenities and want clean, simple, accommodation, stop in at the Hotel Terrace.

Room Tip: There are rooms available on the front side facing the street, or on the backside of the property fa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank RAW9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gray, Maine
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I were out for a snowmobiling trip and was staying in a motel up there. We tried a few places to eat that were so-so. We went to Ruthie's and I had wished we had gone for every meal. Ruthie is an awesome lady. she made us feel welcomed and we will go back. The food is homemade and very good with great prices. Thank you Ruthie

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crystalwind
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here after getting stuck in a snow storm. After deciding to drive 7 extra miles from 95 in the snow to get there, it was definitely worth the drive. We arrived around 9pm and the owner Ruthie was welcoming and even offered to make us pizza and calzones in the restaurant (both were great).

A nice feature of the hotel is that all the rooms are inside in a "T" shaped hallway. The rooms were clean, warm, comfortable, and affordable.

I had such a great stay that I hope to return one day for vacation. Definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter G
asheville
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Lodging in Millinocket is limited. My friend and I checked out several places, and Ruthie's was the nicest in the group. The price was reasonable, especially compared to similarly priced options. Good value for the price we paid. Ruthie was hospitable and fun.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank turtles2
Eliot, Maine
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Somebody told me that Ruthie's was cheaper and better than the other Millinocket Hotels. I checked it out first hand. We arrived at 9:20pm. When Ruthie found out that we missed out on our dinner, she offered to reopen the restaurant (it closed at 9pm) and make us pizzas even though she had already cashed out. What a wonderful act of hospitality. We were very grateful. This was just simply how Ruthie runs her hotel/restaurant. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable. If you are considering staying at the Baxter Park Inn or the Pamola, don't stay there.... stay here. The Hotel Terrace is better and it's cheaper. You won't be disapointed.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank PJ-sledder
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Hotel Terrace has everything we needed as hikers going into Baxter - namely, a comfy bed and hot shower great water pressure. The family members that work at this establishment are incredibly friendly and accommodating. They saved us with a room after we got scammed by another area place with good reviews on Trip Advisor. They even offered to make us dinner after hours because the fiasco we had at the other place prohibited us from getting to any area restaurants in time for dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cindy A
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Very reasonable place to stay with family. The food was very good and home made. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank penelope009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millinocket
Baxter Park Inn
Katahdin Cabins
Katahdin Cabins
#3 of 11 in Millinocket
The Young House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hotel Terrace and Restaurant? Share your experiences!