“Great place to stay and eat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Terrace and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Millinocket
Hotel Terrace and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Millinocket
Georgia
“Great place to stay and eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed for a week at Ruthie's while hiking the Appalachian Trail. Although it does not look very good on the outside (peeling paint, broken railings, weeds in the flower beds), this is a great place to stay. Rooms are large and very clean. Showers have great water pressure with almost instant hot water. Rooms are furnished with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and flat screen TV's with lots of channels. Since we were hiking, we needed extra towels and ice, which were provided every day without us having to ask for them. The adjoining restaurant is one of the best places we have eaten in Maine! We ended up eating breakfast and dinner there almost every night. Menu is fairly large, and they have specials every day. The owner (Ruthie) is very helpful. Since we ate there a lot, we sampled quite a bit of what was on the menu. Pizza's were great, as were the hamburgers, pork chops and fish dishes (salmon, haddock). They make their own bread as well as some of the salad dressings. Homemade strawberry shortcake was the best we have ever eaten! Highly recommend this motel and restaurant. The only negative was that our room did not have a real strong Wi Fi signal, but that was not big deal. I could go just a short distance down the hall to the front "porch" or restaurant and get a good signal. There is no pool, but who wants that in Maine? Great, great place to stay and eat!!!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to office will have stronger Wi Fi signal.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JTDawg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tolland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stopped at Ruthie's for lunch and were very glad that we did. Everything we ordered was great and the price was really reasonable. I had a simple cheeseburger but it wasn't a simple burger - Ruthie told me she grinds her own hamburger from steak and you can definitely tell! Fries and coleslaw were great too! I also had to try a piece of pecan pie but since I make a good pie myself, I am usually disappointed. Not the case here! The pie was also homemade, not the sickening sweet commercial kind, and just as good as mine! The meal made me wish we were around more often to try all the other items and pies on the menu! We will certainly return any time we are in the area, or maybe make a special trip even if we aren't, it is that good!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Janie61351
Brunswick, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at Ruthie's one night after a day of hiking at Baxter State Park. I picked the hotel based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. The room was a basic room with 2 beds and it was clean, comfortable and affordable which was exactly what we were looking for in a hotel. After hiking all day, we arrived back at the hotel for dinner at the restaurant around 8:30. The waitress was wonderful. She was friendly, knowledgable and very helpful for my gluten-free needs. Even though the restaurant closed at 9, we never felt rushed or like we had to leave. This gave us time to enjoy the delicious food. We definitely did not leave hungry. My husband loved his steak tips and quesadilla appetizer!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tdoe151
deerfield, new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Terrace and Restaurant for 2 nights as we did a litle sightseeing in the area. We couldn't have been treated any better if we had been family. The owners were great the room was clean and comfortable, Internet service was fast. We ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant both days and enjoyed it all. I especially loved the french toast with the homemade bread. I would definitely stay there again. Ruthie and her waitress even gave us directions to find a few moose, one of the goals of our trip.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike L
Pelham, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We arrived at the small hotel around 8:30 pm. The restaurant looked closed but we went in anyway. This very nice lady came out of the kitchen and asked if we were dining this evening. She told us the grill had already been turned off but we could order anything fried, sandwiches, or pizza. My husband got the special chicken salad roll. He said it was very good. I just got fried chicken tenders. They were average. Our baked potatoes where not good but as I said it was closing time. We also stayed at the hotel because of the other reviews here on TA. The room was quiet and a nice size. I mean this isn't a luxury hotel but the bed was comfortable and clean. The room was also furnished with a table and chairs and flat screen TV with a nice selection of channels. The bathroom was small but sufficient My only complaint was the tub had some soap scum build-up. It could use a good scrubbing with a magic eraser. The thing that makes this place stand out is the very friendly staff. Ruthie was out of town when we visited but her sister-in-law Laurie took very good care of us. We love staying at local hotels. We would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: No internet service.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TNTravelinCouple
Oromocto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

With the limited choices in Millinocket for decent accommodation, I was relieved to find this establishment to be amongst the better of them. There are no extravagant amenities, it is basic hotel accommodation. The price reflects this as well, and you get what you pay for. One nice touch is the fact that there is free wi-fi available. My connection was fast and I did not encounter any speed issues. This is a family owned and operated hotel and from the onset, I was made to feel welcome and was greeted by first name. Ruth also runs the restaurant and bar with homemade dishes and desserts. I did enjoy the meals and left feeling satisfied. The hotel is dated but it is kept in good shape. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well stocked. A mini fridge was in my room, which solved my problem of having to go out and get ice. Giving the room a modern touch, a flat screen TV sits upon the bureau and has a significant television channel selection. My overall experience was positive. If you are not looking for the world of amenities and want clean, simple, accommodation, stop in at the Hotel Terrace.

Room Tip: There are rooms available on the front side facing the street, or on the backside of the property fa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank RAW9
Gray, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I were out for a snowmobiling trip and was staying in a motel up there. We tried a few places to eat that were so-so. We went to Ruthie's and I had wished we had gone for every meal. Ruthie is an awesome lady. she made us feel welcomed and we will go back. The food is homemade and very good with great prices. Thank you Ruthie

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crystalwind
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millinocket
Baxter Park Inn
#5 of 11 in Millinocket
Ice Fish Inn
Ice Fish Inn
#4 of 4 in Millinocket

Been to Hotel Terrace and Restaurant? Share your experiences!