We stayed here as part of a trip I had organized with 3 friends for a whitewater rafting trip. I love camping and although some of my friends would have maybe preferred a cabin i convinced them to tent it for the 3 days we were there. we got an rv site so that we had water and electricity on site. There was also a picnic table and a fire pit there too. Washrooms were nice as well as the showers, which took quarters ( 1 quarter for 2 minutes). There is no cell phone service however you can get WiFi near the main office. Quiet time starts at 10pm; however, they were pretty lenient and didn't come by until around 1 to get us to shut down our fire etc. There's also a great store there to get basically whatever you've forgotten as well as some great firewood and hot coffee in the morning. The pub onsite was great too! I'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Big Moose in, with its rustic elegance, rare blend of friendly service and lovely surroundings offers several lodging styles to accommodate the needs of all of our guests. We offer Inn Rooms and Suites, as well as private cabins and 2 campgrounds. We also have a bar and grille, restaurant, two rafting companies, and a small convenience store on site. We are located in the perfect spot: 8 miles from Baxter State park, in between lake Ambajejus and Millinocket lake. We are within walking distance from a beach with a beautiful sunset. We also have canoes and kayaks for rental. We look forward to hearing from you! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins And Campground
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground Hotel Millinocket
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground Millinocket, Maine