This cabin on the Big Moose property was just the right size for our stay for the white water rafting trip I took with my two teenage grandchildren and husband last week. It had all the needed amenities -- except one. A bathroom ! But I guess I just had not read the fine print well enough and even that proved not to be much of a problem for any of us.
The inn itself boasts a fine restaurant and attached tavern with live music. In all I can recommend the area foe all it has to offer. Be sure to try the monkey bread in the morning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Big Moose in, with its rustic elegance, rare blend of friendly service and lovely surroundings offers several lodging styles to accommodate the needs of all of our guests. We offer Inn Rooms and Suites, as well as private cabins and 2 campgrounds. We also have a bar and grille, restaurant, two rafting companies, and a small convenience store on site. We are located in the perfect spot: 8 miles from Baxter State park, in between lake Ambajejus and Millinocket lake. We are within walking distance from a beach with a beautiful sunset. We also have canoes and kayaks for rental. We look forward to hearing from you! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground Hotel Millinocket
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins And Campground
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground Millinocket, Maine