“The ice House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millinocket
Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground
Ranked #3 of 4 Millinocket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This cabin on the Big Moose property was just the right size for our stay for the white water rafting trip I took with my two teenage grandchildren and husband last week. It had all the needed amenities -- except one. A bathroom ! But I guess I just had not read the fine print well enough and even that proved not to be much of a problem for any of us.
The inn itself boasts a fine restaurant and attached tavern with live music. In all I can recommend the area foe all it has to offer. Be sure to try the monkey bread in the morning

Room Tip: Unless you are a camper choose a cabin or room at the inn. I prefer to be able to cook a bit
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Loved the cabin setting right on the lake. Well appointed, clean and comfortable. Full sized fridge and stove ....Nice amount of space for 4, especially with 1 separate bedroom (2 bunks), the main room (3 beds and separate kitchen/living/diningrm) AND the breeze way with the beamed ceiling & futon and gorgeous view of the lake...

Room Tip: Can get wifi easily by walking to main lodge which is probably .1 - .2 mile from the farthest cabin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I used the campsite although the plot we were given for 2 tents was only suitable for 1. Fire pit and wood readily available and shower are closely although coin operated shower in the evening was colder than the water I rafted in.

Rafting was good and on site. Guide Erin was responsible and fun which is what we wanted.

The lore bar is a lively place for somewhere so remote and had a good atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank FlyingDutchMark
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here as part of a trip I had organized with 3 friends for a whitewater rafting trip. I love camping and although some of my friends would have maybe preferred a cabin i convinced them to tent it for the 3 days we were there. we got an rv site so that we had water and electricity on site. There was also a picnic table and a fire pit there too. Washrooms were nice as well as the showers, which took quarters ( 1 quarter for 2 minutes). There is no cell phone service however you can get WiFi near the main office. Quiet time starts at 10pm; however, they were pretty lenient and didn't come by until around 1 to get us to shut down our fire etc. There's also a great store there to get basically whatever you've forgotten as well as some great firewood and hot coffee in the morning. The pub onsite was great too! I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If it may rain the entire time you're there the Lean-too's looked pretty neat and would defi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate F
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed in one of the sleep cabins on the lake, the cabin was super cute, the beds were very comfortable and clean, with new linens and a 3 gallon cooler of water. As there was no running water in the cabin, but there was a mini fridge, microwave, stovetop, coffee maker and toaster! All dishes are supplied! The location is perfect for anyone looking for a clean and convenient place to stay coming in or out of Baxter State Park- there are also a few rafting/adventure outfitters nearby. The lounge/ bar was great food/service too. As a cabin guest cooking your own breakfast or buying from the general store next door are your options- wish the inn's restaurant served breakfast too (they do for inn guests but not for those in cabins). Also, be sure to check- the sleep cabin shared bathrooms/shower with the campground- quarters are needed for the showers, this was my only complaint- the rates per person were the same for the cabins with private bathrooms... But this was still a good value and the hosts were gracious and accommodating- we will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very convenient to visit Baxter SP, this inn is also very welcoming. Good breakfast (cereals, homemade pancakes, eggs, muffins ans bread…) and food at the bar, very friendly atmosphere and lovely rooms. We had a wonderful time there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First I want to thank the Big Moose Inn for their rescue! We went to Millinocket for the white water rafting trip. I made reservations at a local Inn that was NOT "SUITE"!! At the last minute they provided us a cabin for the night and it was fantastic! I have never met people as friendly, helpful, and accommodating as the staff at the Big Moose! The cabin was clean, efficient and very comfortable. Thank you for a GOOD memorable experience and I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends