“Rustic great family stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millinocket
New England Outdoor Center - NEOC
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Rustic great family stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Beautiful cabin on the lake at Twin Pines camp at New England Outdoor Center. We ate at the restaurant, made a camp fire and my boys swam and did the kayak in the lake. Next day we did the full day raft trip down the Penobscot River. Fantastic is all I have to say. Definitely a great time and great memory. Staff helpful and knowledgeable too. I wouldn't stay anywhere else...

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Fla_blonde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Three of us stayed in the fox den for 2 nights. My wife and I took the king, my bro got stuck with the pull-out couch. We all slept well. The place was clean & the decor was pretty trendy. Much nicer than what I had expected for a cabin! The kitchen was stocked with all the pots/pans you need to make a meal. (We made muscles over pasta.) The room had a microwave, coffee maker, soaps & shampoos. We definitely were not roughin' it. The grounds were very nice. Rec room if you have kids.. Free canoe's and kayaks.. We hiked Katahdin, so we didn't got out on the lake. I'd def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank jamie410
Not In New Orleans Anymore!
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We are here on our last night at Twin Pines Camps, a part of the New England Outdoor Center. Our vacation, with children ages 12, 11, 9 and 7 and been like a dream.

On our first night, we opted for an overnight campout, hosted Matt Polstein, owner of the camp. Matt took us by boat to Sandy Stream, a sandy island in the middle of Millinocket Lake. There, he had canoes, kayaks, and boats set up for us to use and explore. He also brought his two sons, who fished with our kids, and showed them the best rocks in the lake for jumping.

While my husband and I swam and paddled, Matt prepared a feast of steak, lobster, local corn, potatoes, and Maine micro-brews. For dessert, we had Ooey-Gooey. I won't share that secret! You'll need to come try it for yourself!

After we sat by the fire for a spell, we retired to our tents, which Matt had also set up. I was almost too full to sleep!

We spend the rest of our days here relaxing at the camp, hiking in Baxter State Park, fishing, and White water rafting. We had a ball. Truly memorable in so many ways!!

There are two different options for the camps. You can stay in the "old school" cabins, which will remind you of the cabins of long ago, or you can stay (as we did) in the brand new, LEED certified, environmentally exemplary Coveside Cabins. Our kitchen was equipped and modern, and the Hannaford grocery store in town was as well stocked as the Whole Foods or Trader Joe's in my hometown. No lie!

If you like to eat out, there is a highly regarded, rustic, friendly restaurant on the camp called River Drivers.

There is a glorious view of Mt. Katadhin here. We spend our evenings swimming off of the docks, watching the sun set over Baxter State Park.

A word about the customer service: wonderful. Everyone here was so friendly. The pastry chef even made me two pie crusts so that I could make pies from the berries that we picked on our hikes. The kitchen lent us pots to steam our lobsters.

Matt Polstein, our host, was so laid back, knowledgeable and friendly. You can tell that he really sets the tone here - because the employees were all that way too!

I hesitate to publish this review, out of fear that the camp might become too popular for our return next summer - but we plan on coming back again and again to this special place.

Forget Bar Harbor...this is the Maine that you always wanted to visit!

Thanks Matt!!! We'll be back!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank uptownnolagirl
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had such a wonderful time while lodging at you Coveside guest house. We strongly reommend this outing for families in order to relax and unwind

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family