“Fantastic food, excellent service”

The White Horse Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seria
“Fantastic food, excellent service”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My second visit to the White Horse was as good as the first. The food was delicious and the service great. We couldn't get a table in the restaurant but were given a tucked away table in the bar so we were not disturbed by the good natured noise. I will definitely be back!

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stumbled on The White Horse Inn quite by accident but what a gem it turned out to be! Arriving with no reservation we were made to feel very welcome and taken to a table straight away. The service was quick and friendly and we were soon tucking into a lovely roast dinner. The food was plentiful, well cooked and very tasty. We will definitely be back now!

“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We arranged to meet friends here for lunch as it is a half way house for us all. I had a friendly reception when I booked by phone and that friendly welcome continued when we arrived and during lunch. We arrived before our friends and although they close at 3pm we were not made to feel rushed and after the meal enjoyed our teas in the garden even though they had closed. The food was excellent. I can highly recommend the unusual mackerel Welsh rarebit which came with a nice salad. The rest of the party enjoyed the fish and chips which were served with a pot of individual tartare sauce and dish of crushed peas. For dessert I had the Belgian chocolate mousse which was unusually presented in a little wine glass but was fabulous. You could feel the little chocolate chunks. Two others had the home made Apple and blackberry pie which came served with loads of custard which they liked but if you would prefer I am sure would come with a pot of custard. The service was friendly and welcoming and we will go back. We preferred the cosy bar area to the modern conservatory.

Visited August 2014
“If you only go out for dinner once a year you must go to the White Horse”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a good meal the White Horse is not for you. If you are looking for that special place that delights you with one of the best meals of your life then you must eat here! The staff are fantastic and Tara runs front of house with such passion and enthusiasm that it is infectious. The choice of enticements on the menu may seem like an impossible decision but with the knowledgable staff to make suggestions (they have tasted each delight) you simply cannot go wrong. My advice is to be adventurous and if someone recommends balsamic ice cream just go with it!
Danny is behind the scenes and is a wizard of gastronomy. His ability to combine flavours is on a par with any of the celebrity chefs.
I have a problem here as I live just a few miles away and could easily pop in for lunch every day but I want to keep this as my special place... Oh what the heck I'll be back as often as my conscience will allow! Thank you for one of the best meals that I have ever had. And I nearly forgot - Katie, you're a star and you put up with me above and beyond the call of duty!

1 Thank Mark L
Swindon
“Four and a half for great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We dined here for our wedding anniversary dinner, having had great meals here on previous occasions. The Landlady either recognised us from previous visits, maybe a year ago as we do not live near this pub or greets all her guests incredibly warmly. The restaurant is tasteful and has a lovely atmosphere. We were served by Toby who was an absolute delight, warm, friendly and efficient. We were surprised by an amuse bouche of pea and truffle soup in a cup which was delicious and accompanied by freshly baked mediterranean breads. The starter of asparagus wrapped in parma ham couldn't have been better and the duck with beetroot jus and dauphinoise was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The Amaretto and ginger parfait was a little wanting with neither a hint of ginger or amaretto but pleasant enough. Cheese board tasty but a little expensive. Overall a great meal and we are "White Horse" converts. One to definitely recommend.