See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I loved my Rose Room! ! Simple, neat/clean, cozy décor; comfy bed; spacious enough room (with private bath)for one/two-even 3 adults; lots of window light with peaceful, natural view; capacity to heat/refrigerate food items. Utterly quiet during my stay! Small but pleasant book lover's common room. A most kind, gracious, thoughtful host Richard, and his delightful wife were available/accessible as/if needed. This first Monhegan overnight experience was all I hoped it would be and I would return to Tribler!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've stayed several times at Tribler, and have enjoyed it every time. Richard is a kind and attentive host, and his facility is neat and tidy. Cooking in enables us to eat the way we like and have the occasional splurge for lobster at Fish House. Tribler is quiet and centrally located, and often has last-minute availability.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I and our teenage daughter stayed in the Rose Room for three nights this summer. We enjoyed our simple, clean room (queen bed and a daybed) and private bathroom. The location is great - just up the hill from the wharf, near the library. The common room was also cozy and filled with books. We were at home here and found the owner, Richard, to be welcoming. We would definitely return to Tribler Cottage.

Room Tip: The Rose Room is very economical, quiet, and has a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cowgirl41
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Tribler has the HUGE advantage on Monhegan of offering small kitchens in four of the five rooms so that you can do your own catering. Monhegan dining, even during the summer season, is pretty ordinary and expensive, and it's great to be able to do for one's self. Host Richard is a charming and well-read person (don't bother to bring reading material; he's got everything you could want), and is very involved in the life of the local community. To update an older review, he does now have WiFi.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mainemal
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I went to Monhegan Island for a few days for some well needed R n R and found Tribler cottage to exceed what I was expecting..although not a cottage but more of a bnb it was all one could ask for if you really want to escape..I stayed in the Apple Apartment and was more than I expected...nice size...first floor right off the entrance..beautiful and comfy Day bed which I spent one rainy day cozied up with a book and hot tea...kitchen was fine but small fridge..ok for a few days...the host Richard...was just fantastic..I promised him I would give him a scathing review so not many people would book here leaving it open for me to come back..(HAHAHA) HIGHLY RECOMMED

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo