“See it if it's on your way.”
Review of Somes Sound

Somes Sound
More attraction details
Owner description: The only fjord on the U.S. East Coast.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

It was a gorgeous day and we were looking for a scenic drive. Some's Sound was pretty, but I think, after spending a day in Acadia, the grandeur was eclipsed. I'm not sorry we took the drive, but I would not go out of my way to do it.

2  Thank Mmmquigs
"wildlife"
"nature"
"cruise"

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Apparently the only sound in the area that's actually a fjord (originally carved out/created by shifting glaciers). Awesome. Beautiful area. If you're staying at the nearby Mt. Dessert Campground as I was, you're in luck. It's right on the sound. We took a kayak out to check out the sound and it was beautiful and peaceful. There's absolutely no reason not to check it out by kayak/canoe.

1  Thank CaptainAwethume
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Craftsmanship like no gallery I have ever visited. Every piece at the Gallery at Somes Sound is carefully chosen and remarkable. Jeffrey Cooper's woodwork stopped me in my tracks.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This gallery right on the water in Somes Sound is in a picture perfect location, right next to the library and across the street from the historical society and museum. Regional artists, of very high quality, are displayed along with exceptional furniture from nationally recognized makers. Probably the best furniture gallery north of Boston, run by a friendly, knowledgable owner.
Would visit here every time I come up.

2  Thank RHOBoston