“Extreme enjoyment!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Naples B&B and Inns
Scituate, Massachusetts, United States
“Extreme enjoyment!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was our 3rd trip there. We love it. It's a beautiful home & nicely decorated. Owners Dave & Arlene Stetson are awesome hosts. The 1st time we stayed there we felt like we knew them already. It's right across from Long Lake. Good restaurants in area, especially Mercedes. Arlene makes a great breakfast. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed 1X in the suite, other 2 in king bed room. Our favorite is the king room. Both are lovely...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting the Augustus Bove Inn for three nights this past weekend. I love older homes and antiques and I wasn't disappointed. We were made at home right from the start. We loved Arlene's stories of the history of the Inn as well as her personal stories. She was very accommodating. She gave us the large suite on the first floor, which we weren't expecting, and didn't charge us any extra. I feel guilty about that. The suite was great. (Others complained of the noise from the street but I never heard anything). The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. We didn't mind the dogs at all. I wanted to take her small black dog "buckwheat" home with me. The location was just great as everything was within walking distance to Naples center. I went into her quilt shop and purchased a few items. Arlene is multi-talented and very creative. Overall we had a great long weekend and it was a wonderful experience.
Thanks Arlene and Dave. You'll see us again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara G
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We very much enjoyed staying at the Augustus Bove. We called at the house on the off chance and Arlene was immediately welcoming, giving us a tour of the house and telling us the history. Our room was very comfortable and beautifully decorated, in fact, the whole house was beautifully decorated. Our room had everything you could need and more.
It was a one of the best nights sleeps I had had in ages!
Breakfast was also really nice, a good selection, and Arlene and her husband even took the time out to sit with us and chat, which I thought was very nice as i'm sure they were busy with their own things to do! They were very knowledgeable about the local area and gave us a great dinner tip- The Mercad on the Brandy, which was lovely.
Thanks Arlene, it was lovely to meet you and hope to be back again one day!
Brian and Marie Forde- London, UK.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pine Bush, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I were charmed by Arlene and her B&B. The room was very nice, the bed EXTREMELY comfortable, and the breakfast delicious. An added bonus was that shopping, food,and a boat tour were within walking distance. Another recommendation is the Muddy Bean Boots ice cream around the corner. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chestnut Ridge, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife had a family reunion going on nearby, so she booked us into the Augusta Bove House. We had never stayed at a B&B before, so wasn't quite sure what to expect. We stayed in one of the 2 guest cottages - it was quite large and the owners had thought of and anticipated every need. The breakfast was excellent. I would surely recommend the Augusta Bove house to anyone.

Room Tip: The cottages, although physically connected to the main house might be a good choice if roominess is...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We happened upon the Augustus Bove quite by chance but we're glad we did. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted to go someplace quiet to relax. We found the right place! Arlene was very accommodating and from the moment we arrived we felt right at home. The room was comfortable, the breakfasts were very hearty and the surrounding area was perfect to just relax, explore and enjoy ourselves. I'm not sure when we'll be able to get back to the Naples area but when we do we'll plan to stay at the Augustus Bove house again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of last summer and had a great trip. We stayed in the first floor suite, which had a king size bed and more than enough space for the two of us on our two night stay. Getting there is really easy but once you're there, there is no front desk so we kind of just yelled and waited for someone to come out. The location is also perfect, walking distance to the lake, and restaurants and a short drive to Sebago Park. The room was great and had patio with a beautiful view of the lake. My only complaint about the room was that it is right near the main road, which means you can hear every single car that drives by, not good for a light sleeper like myself. Breakfast was good, but not a very wide selection, I had to stick to yogurt and fruit since I have Celiac Disease and the only other options were toast, pancakes, french toast, etc. My two real complaints are with the breakfast though. The owner brings her dog (which barks a lot) to the table which cannot be sanitary. Also, there was a man there, I think the owners said he was a caretaker or something, who was really inappropriate and annoying. He just would not let us eat our breakfast in peace, just kept talking and talking about the worst topics and could not take the hint that we were not interested, even the male owner rolled his eyes. Both the owners were really friendly and very accommodating, they gave us suggestions on restaurants and spas for a massage and directions to a bike rental place. Overall we had a wonderful time and will definitely return next summer.

Room Tip: If there are just two people, the first floor suite isn't really worth it, there's a lot of...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moodie_k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Hampton Inn Oxford
#5 of 5 in Bridgton
Poland Spring Resort
Poland Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs

Been to Augustus Bove House? Share your experiences!