“lovely experience”

Ranked #2 of 5 Naples B&B and Inns
Stratford, Connecticut
“lovely experience”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Augustus Bove House and thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations.
Our host and hostess were very hospitable. the room was comfortable and well appointed.
Breakfast was lovely, with fresh fruit, yogurt, home made muffins and cake and eggs prepared as one would like. Highly recommended if you're in the area of Sepago Lake.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 872Larry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I took a last minute trip to the Lakes Region of Maine and fell in love with the area. The Augustus Bove House came recommended from another hotel that was full. We drove to the inn and were instantly delighted! It is in a perfect location; just across the street from the lake and all the activities. The staff are friendly and extremely hospitable. The room we stayed in was beautiful and the bed extremely comfortable! Breakfast was delicious and my husband asked for seconds which they gave him without hesitation. The inn is very clean and quaint. We enjoyed our stay and would go back again! I highly recommend this lovely bed and breakfast if you plan to make a trip to Naples, Maine.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aprilstravelin
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for business for just one night, location is great! It's walkable to all of the restaurants on the causeway in Naples! Room was clean and bed was comfy. Had a nice welcome and breakfast was good. It is not a full breakfast anymore, but they have fruit and a variety of bagels or muffins to toast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a lovely B&B with wonderful hosts. Filled with antiques, beautiful furniture, exceptional dining room, deck, gardens, and the room was so comfortable and beautiful...I slept like a baby! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to Naples, Maine but my most recent journey was my first stay at The Augustus Bove House and it did not disappoint. This quintessential B&B occupies a historic Naples building in a location that cannot be surpassed for easy access to all of the charms this lovely part of the world has to offer. The owner Arlene is a superb hostess and very welcoming, not to mention the chef of some of Maine's best blueberry pancakes at breakfast! It was a great stroke of luck to be introduced to the The Augustus Bove House and I am already looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Boston, MA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I don't usually provide negative reviews for places, but I feel compelled to write this review because I spent a very uncomfortable night in this inn. I had high hopes for a pleasant stay in an old-fashioned inn but was quite disappointed by the accommodations.

The air in the room I stayed in was awful. Either guests had smoked for years in the room and the carpet and upholstery retained the smell, or smoke had wafted in the window from people smoking outdoors. The owners must be aware of this problem because they had an air cleaner in the room that was not plugged in, as well as an Air Wick freshener that spritzed the room periodically. If you have asthma or other respiratory issues, you should look elsewhere. Also the room and bathroom were not nearly as clean as they should have been.

The area is lovely, the view very nice, and the innkeepers quite friendly, but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, definitely ask for the first floor suite. The stairs to the second floo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AquaPar
Arlene S, Owner at Augustus Bove House, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are deeply sorry that this customer had such a poor experience, We had a man who had spilled something on the rug and we have had it cleaned twice but now we have had it deodorized and cleaned I will return the customers payment and offer our apologies for the problem and hope that she will return another time. We had hoped it would not be such a serious problem, and now we feel the issue has been taken care of. Please accept our apologies and in the future we would be willing to switch someone to another room rather than have them be uncomfortable. sincerely Arlene at the Augustus Bove House, Naples,Me
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was looking for a place to stay when visiting my son at Camp Oatka in Sebago ME. There were very few choices with availability because of the late time I was booking. I was recommended to the AB House and tried to get a reservation. There were none on the B&B's website so I sent an email to the owner Arlene. She returned a phone call promptly and said that they had one room left and I could have it if I wanted. I took the room. I showed up after 6pm on Saturday night and Arlene was waiting for me. When I arrived the only room available was the two bedroom cottage which she promptly took me to and showed me around. It was perfect. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and she suggested a place within walking distance and the food was very good - Merced's. When I returned from dinner I found the cottage's screened in porch a perfect place to unwind. When I finally turned in the bedroom was cool and comfortable and the bed was very comfortable. After a long day of travel I slept soundly for 8 hours. When I woke early I walked over to the main house were I was able to get coffee. I took the coffee back to the cottage and read the paper on the porch. I enjoyed a wonderful cooked to order breakfast in the main house of french toast, bacon, fresh fruit, blueberry muffins and juice. Arlene even sat down to chat for a while. She made me feel very welcome like I was in the home of a family member. I needed to do some shopping for some camp supplies and she gave me a few good recommendations. I left the AB House around 10am and sure that I would be back next year on visiting weekend for camp. Arlene and her husband treat you like family and there rooms and cottages are quaint and perfectly located overlooking the lake. You will not go wrong staying here and if you have a larger family the cottages provide the right combination of space and comfort. A great place to stay in the area! Thank you.

Room Tip: The large cottage has two bedroom with queen bed and then two twin beds. The large screened in porc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Hampton Inn Oxford
Poland Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Windham
Sebago Lake Lodge & Cottages

Been to Augustus Bove House? Share your experiences!