“Worst lobster roll!”

Merced's On Brandy Pond, Inc.
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You can find information about this restaurant on Urbanspoon.com.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

After waiting 15 minutes to even get someone to come to our table we decided since we're in Maine let's get a lobster roll since Maine has great lobsters. After 45 minutes we got our lunch & I had 4 tiny claws in between a bun. I was extremely disappointed especially paying $15.00. Not only was it lacking leat it tasted terrible!! I would never recommend this place based on food and service!

3  Thank lrrdm
There are newer reviews for Merced's On Brandy Pond, Inc.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband, our 7 yr old daughter and I spent the weekend with friends at their lake house nearby. They suggested Merced's for dinner b/c they had been several times and really enjoyed it. We all really enjoyed our food and the atmosphere. The service was good and our server was attentive. Some of us ordered apps or salads first. We were all very happy with the pacing of the food coming to the table. (I hate it when I have a salad or soup served and before I can get half way thru, here comes my entree). We all ordered something different and we were all pleased with what we ate. The only small hiccup was my husband's steak. He ordered med-rare and the one he was served was extremely well done.The waitress apologized and he got another steak cooked perfectly in pretty quick turnaround. Excellent lobster stew and seafood cake!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Large menu, good seafood, reasonably priced. The restaurants staff was very friendly with good recommendations. I was seated promptly and service was good.

1  Thank Christina C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Being a summer resident in Naples for many years, I certainly want good restaurants to succeed; the tragedy of Merced's is that the food is pretty good, but the callous management is so outrageous that we seem to always leave the place upset. We are hardly alone; in fact we rarely go there anymore because so many of our friends refuse to go there as well. Tonight we again left disgusted. After the server described the salad dressings, she added that we could also substitute for the blueberry dressing. When the bill came, a two dollar substitution charge was added for each salad!! Outraged, we told the server that she didn't tell us that. The server said that she said there was an up charge, but agreed that she didn't tell us what it was. This dressing was the same house dressing that the cook served across the street at the restaurant he used to work for. Does management make an accommodation, of course not; that is the way they operate. Neither my wife not myself in any way believed the server made it clear there was an "up charge". Again we leave disgusted; I would recommend the cook/owner get new management.

5  Thank BostonTraveler61
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The fish and chips here was a great surprise. Very light but tasty coating and fresh good haddock. And not served on a giant basket of fries. A nice spot.

1  Thank mpbklyn