“Great food, great prices”
Review of Village Side Restaurant - CLOSED

Village Side Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the building that formerly housed Sydney's Restaurant. The Village Side Restaurant and Pub opened on July 4th of 2012. The Village Side Restaurant features fresh Maine seafood and certified beef. Daily specials are available. The Village Side is family friendly and features a kid menu for diners under 12 years old.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great prices”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

You can't beat the $10 specials. Food is excellent and service was great. Fish and chips were so good, nice batter. prime rib tender and great flavor. Definitely will be back.

1 Thank Marsha1985

Aberdeen, Maryland
“Great resturant”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We went in with 14 people and no reservation....we knew things could get iffy. What a surprise when the host greeted us with a smile and said no problem, we had been turned down by 2 other resturants due to our size (ppl don't like money I guess). The staff was overly accomodating going in with 14 people when this resturant was packed from wall to wall we knew the food was going to take longer than normal, and they could not have been more aware of this. They did everything to keep us happy and were very attentive. I would recomend this resturant to anyone traveling in this area. Great food, great price, great atomosphore, and great staff. Good to keep in mind that when there are 7 parties of 10 or more in the building..be patient not rude I saw these kids have to deal with so many rude people that was the hard part. Keep working hard Villiage Side we will be back and we are telling our friends!

1 Thank Adam S
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Service? What Service?”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I reviewed this restaurant in May 2013. I thought I would try the bar. I sit at the bar, the bartender sees me sit down. She disappears for 5 minutes. She comes back and starts cleaning the bar. I waited a total of 10 minutes and was never asked for my order. I then leave. This place is not run by anyone who is a restaurant professional. Poor food, inconsistent service....move on to the next restaurant.

1 Thank SigEpGov
“Only come if you are willing to wait 2 hours for food”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We arrived here at 7. It was a party of 10, so we expected service to be slow. However, it took them 30 minutes alone to take our order. Our meals didnt come out until an hour and a half later. I know things are slower in Maine but by the time we got our food everyone was full or irritable. Do not come here unless you want terrible service

2 Thank Kjn08
Albany, New York
“Less than Average”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The dining area is closed off from the bar and is dark and dingy. The décor is trying to be rustic but is more trailer trash. Not enough lighting in the parking lot. The nachos were cold and the cheese had congealed. The drink I ordered has an alcohol with a very distinct taste, not sure if they water it down or replaced it with a cheaper whiskey but it certainly was not what I ordered, thought maybe the bartender made a mistake so I asked for another. Alas, it was just as bad as the first. The food was not even worth talking about. Canned, frozen, nothing fresh. My family will not eat here again.

• Visited May 2013