“Easy exceptional food”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the building that formerly housed Sydney's Restaurant. The Village Side Restaurant and Pub opened on July 4th of 2012. The Village Side Restaurant features fresh Maine seafood and certified beef. Daily specials are available. The Village Side is family friendly and features a kid menu for diners under 12 years old.
Bridgton, Maine
“Easy exceptional food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We are NEVER disappointed in this restaurant's ability to provide exceptional food, service and atmosphere. The quality of the food and the way it is prepared is obviously well thought out and executed (extremely) well by the owners. We frequent about once a week because we know it will be the one dependable dining experience we will have. Cannot beat the early dine specials; portion size if generous, the quality and selection is second to none. Fried shrimp is fresh tasting and breaded perfectly. A definite favorite. The maple glazed scallop appetizer is incredible.. Homemade blue cheese dressing would only be better if it came in a fifty gallon drum- AHHHMAZING. VS's wait staff makes you feel as if you are the only diner in the room. McKenzie and Kristina are PERFECT for their guests. Ask for them, you'll be glad you did! Go! You won't be disappointed. Really.

Brentwood, New Hampshire
“Best Food in Naples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

So many restaurants in the lakes region rely on the view rather than the food. Not the case with The Village Side. There's no water view and the décor is quaint, but the food is excellent. My favorite is the Manic Lobster. It is a baked stuffed lobster stuff with scallops and shrimp in a yummy sauce and covered in melted cheese! It was sheer poetry I almost ordered a second one but I contented myself with going back later in the week. My wife had the shrimp scampi with linguini and on the second visit the prime rib. Both were excellent. The green beans were perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. Even the baked potato was excellent! The wait staff is friendly and attentive but not at all pushy. We head back to Naples in August for another week and we will be back at the Village Side!

1 Thank Dr_Marc_Wilson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

You can't beat the $10 specials. Food is excellent and service was great. Fish and chips were so good, nice batter. prime rib tender and great flavor. Definitely will be back.

1 Thank Marsha1985
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Great resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We went in with 14 people and no reservation....we knew things could get iffy. What a surprise when the host greeted us with a smile and said no problem, we had been turned down by 2 other resturants due to our size (ppl don't like money I guess). The staff was overly accomodating going in with 14 people when this resturant was packed from wall to wall we knew the food was going to take longer than normal, and they could not have been more aware of this. They did everything to keep us happy and were very attentive. I would recomend this resturant to anyone traveling in this area. Great food, great price, great atomosphore, and great staff. Good to keep in mind that when there are 7 parties of 10 or more in the building..be patient not rude I saw these kids have to deal with so many rude people that was the hard part. Keep working hard Villiage Side we will be back and we are telling our friends!

1 Thank Adam S
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Service? What Service?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I reviewed this restaurant in May 2013. I thought I would try the bar. I sit at the bar, the bartender sees me sit down. She disappears for 5 minutes. She comes back and starts cleaning the bar. I waited a total of 10 minutes and was never asked for my order. I then leave. This place is not run by anyone who is a restaurant professional. Poor food, inconsistent service....move on to the next restaurant.

1 Thank SigEpGov