“Tourist errr "Lobster" Trap”

Naples Lobster Pound
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Def a tourist trap. You can get much better deals on lobster if you go to a lobster pound. The gift shop is cute though

Reviewed 18 July 2013

we got 8 1.5 lb lobsters for our family dinner, they were ready when we got there, cooked perfectly. to eat in is $20 for lobster dinner, but we took ours with us and cooked corn and potatoes at the lake cabin for $75. Order take out, get cold beer in gift shop (they have local ME beer Shipyard) and it will be ready in15-20 mins. they weigh them out right in front of you so you know exactly how much you are getting. We have come here the last few years instead of driving back to Wyndham. to go to Bob's, but because there are so many of us we typically don't do restaurants, just take out.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Three of us had dinner at the Naples Lobster Pond recently, opting for the lobster dinner. On the positive side, the young people who work there could not have been nicer, and we received excellent, attentive service. The tiny lobsters were also fresh and cooked right. They must have been just barely legal size. We ordered a side of fried clams to share as an appetizer and it was really good--not too much breading, crisp on the outside, bellies but no tough necks on the inside. We each had a nice bottle of Sam Adams summer ale. The rest of the story is pretty dismal. My small lobster arrived on an even smaller plate, with a full order of French fries under it. There was no reasonable way to eat it without creating a big mess. The lobster pick was a little plastic thing and some of the 'dishes' were just flimsy paper containers that got soaked with the juices from the lobsters and fell apart under the knife. The restaurant needs to find a better way to serve up these meals that includes a separate and durable plate big enough for the lobster all by itself. I've never seen such a messy situation. The sides with the lobsters,were OK (simple cole slaw and French fries or a baked potato). We ordered two desserts. The blueberry pie was reportedly pretty good. The strawberry shortcake I ordered was simply execrable. I don't know what kind of biscuit it was supposed to be, but it had been put in the microwave and was warm and terrible; what's worse, the strawberries, in July in Maine, were frozen and of poor quality. I had a cup of coffee that tasted like the bottom of an old fashioned urn. The bill for all this was $91, before the tip. So, bottom line: very nice waitstaff; tiny lobsters, poorly presented; other things ranging from pretty good to pretty terrible. I might order lobsters (not dinners) to go from them in the future, but I'll not be bringing out of town guests to the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have been going to the Lobster Pound for many years. It is a rustic, outdoor, porch type family restaurant. The wait staff is the BEST! Such nice local people. It is family owned by a local teacher that hires students and teachers to work there in the summer. It is a seasonal restaurant. If it is cold, bring a sweater, if hot, wear sleeveless... it is a screened in porch!

I was suprised at how much they raised the prices of their lobsters, especially since they were soft shelled and are selling so cheaply in all the stores in the area. With that said I did splurge and ordered a $28.99 1 1/2 pound lobster ( since the $19.99 1 pound soft shells hardly have any meat in them) It was delicious, and so fresh, was worth the splurge!

The best deal on the menu is the lobster roll, which the other people I was with ordered. Their lobster roll is cold, and filled with alot of lobster meat, no filler, no mayo and is only $11.99. They charge for melted butter which I think wrong, as they do give you a container with mayo.

The clam chowder is loaded with clams.

The lobster stew is more watery milk with some lobster chunks.

They are also known for their fried clams, I have not had, but people I have been with say they are great.

They have a nice choice of local beer and wine.

We were a bit out of season so no wait, but the place was still very crowded. In July you usually have to wait for a table, but can have a beer, and look in the small gift shop or wait outside on the benches.

1  Thank Bonnie L
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My first time at this lobster pound. I was surprised that a lobster dinner is about what you pay at a nice restaurant such as Demillo's in Portland. It is a rustic atmosphere, picnic type tables and screened windows. OK, a fun thing, but you expect a little break in the price. Also surprised that the menu is a complete seafood menu, not just lobster. They also have a good kid's menu.

We arrived at 5:45pm on a Monday and only a few tables were filled. We got drinks promptly, but did not expect to wait so long for our meals. We were 4 adults and2 kids and waited over 45 minutes for our dinners. One of us ordered an appetizer so I don't know if that slowed the service, but I looked around and saw that tables that filled after we came in we're also waiting for their food.

When the dinners did arrive the food was not hot, and one of our party didn't get their dinner with the rest. One diner sent his food back to get hot food and his hot dinner came back with the missing entree (a lobster, normal size). My fried clams were whole belly as advertised, but smaller than usual in other restaurants. They tasted good, but are best hot and arrived lukewarm. Unfortunately, the cole slaw also arrived room temperature. We did not get refills on water and requested beer arrived slowly. Perhaps they need extra help?

There are many restaurants in the area where you can get lobster and seafood, and my next visit will not be to this restaurant.

Been to Naples Lobster Pound? Share your experiences!