“Way more than you expect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Gloucester
Guest Houses at Pineland Farms
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Awesome, spacious, lap of luxury well maintained. Perfect if you like to cook for yourself while on vacation in a very upscale, classy setting, and not have a chamber maid knocking on your door all the time. It is nice and reclusive. Gorgeous

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We spent two nights at "The Loft" while celebrating our daughter's wedding at Pineland Farms. It felt like a home away from home. Upon our arrival we discovered some delicious goodies placed in the refrigerator to welcome us. The home was spotless and tastefully decorated. We enjoyed shopping at the Pineland Farm's market. The garden was a beautiful setting for the wedding ceremony. The reception was catered by Black Tie and was delicious!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Claudeen B
Reviewed 7 December 2010

The Merrill House at Pineland Farms is a magnificent place to stay. The house is large and can accommodate several families - we had 17 people and we had quite a few unoccupied rooms. We were most impressed by the cleanliness of the house - you didn't have to bring shampoo, soap, linens or towels - everything was ready for you. They even had a high chair and provide gates for little ones. The entire weekend was so relaxing - from sitting on the leather furniture near the double-sided fireplace, to lounging downstairs near the flat screen TV and pool table. We most enjoyed the upstairs window seating that overlooked the farm. Each morning we woke up to cows in the backyard. The entire experience was wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njarvais7
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We came to Pinelands for our daughters wedding and the whole experience was outstanding. Everyone we dealt with was incredibly professional and very accomodating. They made the complex process of arranging the wedding go smoothly. We stayed in the Denekas House which is very close to the center of the Pinelands campus. It was very comfortable for five of us (large kitchen, formal dining room, living room, 2 large bedrooms and a tv room with pull out couch). The added features of being surrounded by a working farm (sheep, horses, etc) and all of the beautiful trails to walk made the stay much more interesting and relaxing. The wedding reception facilities were great and the food catered by Black Tie was exceptional. The Market was great for picking up food including their cheese made on site.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank nw1_10
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed at the Denekas and Wilson houses for two nights. The Wilson house included a spacious outdoor pool that was great for children and adults to cool off because of high outside temperature. Everything in the houses was just perfect. Because of high outside temperature, air conditioning would have been nice, especially for those staying upstairs. Each house had a "welcome basket" of goodies that were on sale at the Pineland Farms store -- a nice touch, particularly the eggs and jam! A family wedding followed by a reception were held on the Pineland Farms grounds. Both the wedding and the reception went off without a hitch. Pineland Farms staff were super and anticipated every need we had. Pineland Farms is near Freeport, Maine, which provides all the shopping you might want to do. Also, Pineland Farms is not far from the coast, including a state park in which you can walk and enjoy beaches. All in all, we had a wonderful time at Pineland Farms and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CaJohan
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We spent a wonderful 5 days at the Denekas House at Pineland Farms. The house was delightfully comfortable with more than the typical tools and amenities for a family Chrsitmas. Lovely furntutre including a special dinning table for 10, place setting for 10 and wonderfully comfortable beds.

I would like to have had a couple of coffee tables in the living rooms for ease of cocktail placement and wifi internet would have been helpful for the corporate types who probably frequent Pineland Farms.

The local market store (also part of Pineland Farms) was well stocked with fresh vegetables and treats. the adjacent YMCA was terrific.

All in all a great family vacation spot and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MeyrickP
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Every girl dreams they will have the perfect wedding; I am so blessed to be a bride who believes her dream came true. Planning our wedding was a long and, at times, overwhelming process--the best reward for the time and energy taken was a perfect day of celebration, and Pineland Farms was an integral part of the weekend.

I wanted my bridesmaids and I to have a special experience that we would cherish for years to come. It was important to have accommodations for all six of us to sleep as well as enough space for six girls to get dressed and have their hair and makeup done. The wedding planner who my fiancée and I hired suggested Pineland Farms, and set up a time for me to view The Loft. The staff was immediately warm; sharing stories and the history of Pineland’s properties. While being driven to The Loft, I was awed by the beautiful fields and brick buildings. During a tour of the suite my guide was very thorough--highlighting the French antiques that adorned the rooms, for example. By the end of the day there was no doubt that the spectacular space had to be part of our wedding memories.

My decision made and plans solidified, I returned to The Loft at Pineland Farms--this time with my bridesmaids. I was already in a euphoric state from a wonderful night with family at the rehearsal dinner, but my excitement grew in anticipation of the girl’s reaction to the night’s accommodations. We raced up the stairs and everyone ‘ooohed’ and ‘ahhed’ as we checked out the rooms and picked beds. The full kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glasses, stemware, and anything else we could have wanted or needed. With help from the wine glasses we had a memorable girls night of sharing stories and laughs, which only continued in the morning as the facility provided us with fresh eggs, cheese, coffee, and bread for a fantastic breakfast.

All six of us had plenty of time to take a shower and have some personal space thanks to the two spacious bathrooms. We invited our photographer and three stylists to help us prepare for the day. While some girls had their hair done in the spacious common area, others prepared themselves in various rooms of the suite or relaxed on the attached deck, watching the horses roam through the fields.

When we were done getting ready we went outside to wait for our transportation to arrive. The pristine stables and pastures made for the perfect background for formal photos, and when the sun became too bright to bear our photographer was able to use the shade of the stable to create some beautifully dramatic pictures as well. I left for my wedding perfectly contented with how smoothly the morning had gone.

I am incredibly thankful to the people at Pineland Farms for all of their help in ensuring that my experience was a wonderful one. My bridesmaids and I were blessed with the perfect setting for one of the most memorable times in our lives, and I’m pleased to know that Pineland will forever be a part of those memories.

Warmest regards,

Hannah Paoletti

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank hpaoletti823

Been to Guest Houses at Pineland Farms? Share your experiences!