“Get There Early”

Hodgman's Frozen Custard Corporation
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in New Gloucester
Reviewed 20 May 2013

If you have never tried frozen custard then you don't know what you're missing. Hodgman's opens ever year on Mother's Day and is only open through Labor Day. People come from miles around to enjoy their favorite flavor of creamy delicious frozen custard. Whether you are a purist and only like vanilla or chocolate. Or wait for black raspberry or my favorite, orange pineapple, it is worth the trip. Vanilla and chocolate are served up daily with one flavor of the day. The flavor of the day varies. Family owned and operated the custard is marvelous. Local kids are hired serve up custard all summer. Menu options include sundaes, floats, shakes, cones and cookie sandwiches. You can also buy quarts and pints for later. The pies are great too! A trip to Hodgman's is a Mother's Day tradition at our house!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I had never had frozen custard until trying Hodgman's. I must say, I am now hooked. I love this place, located in the quaint town of New Gloucester, and now find it very dangerous to live only five miles from Hodgman's. I look forward to seeing what specialty flavor is being offered, as they rotate through, but am also just as big of a fan of their chocolate and vanilla. I often times grab a quart of half & half and enjoy it at home. Great place. Great people.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We wait for Hodgmans' to open on Mother's Day and stock our freezer before they close for the season. Rich, creamy, delicious. NOT for dieters!

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This custard is creamy and smooth. I just like to have more choices. One flavor a day keeps costs down and can pass on to the consumer. Always have choc and vanilla. I bring all my friends and guest's there.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I'd never had frozen custard before so my husband & I decided to get it a shot. It was yummy! It was rich & creamy, much more so than ice cream. Hodgman's has vanilla & chocolate, and the 1 or 2 special flavors each day. When we went they had New York Style Cheesecake. It was good, but tasted very much like vanilla. Hoping to go again soon and try another flavor! They serve it in many different ways; cone, floats, sundaes.