“Charming Old Hotel Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Pemaquid

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Harbor
Hotel Pemaquid
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Harbor
Fishers, Indiana
“Charming Old Hotel Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Pemaquid the third week of June. We stayed in the Sunrise room in the Burnside building and enjoyed the large freshly decorated room that included a settee, chair and antique writing desk plus TV, refrigerator and WiFi. The room has lovely front windows that rise all the way to the vaulted ceiling. It has a small bathroom with walk-in shower. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens and pillows. Everything was fresh and spotlessly clean.
From the moment we checked in the staff and owners were very helpful, asking if we had eaten supper and giving us suggestions where we might dine. The main hotel building has several lovely sitting areas full of comfortable furniture and antiques or if weather permits the large outside porches have rockers and settees. The hotel has several buildings that give you multiple options for your stay.
My husband and I enjoy photography so we enjoyed the location of the hotel as it allowed us the walk down to the Pemaquid Lighthouse for sunset and sunrise pictures. It was a perfect home base for visiting Fort William Henry, New Harbor and Round Pond.
I would recommend this lovely Hotel to anyone and we plan on staying there on all future visits.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is on the access road on a spit of land going out into the ocean on the rock bound coast of Maine. It is near one of the most picturesque lighthouses, at the head of some of the most impressive rock ledges you could find. The hotel itself is a main building with several rooms and suites and well as a number of separate cottage rooms. The decor is early 20th Century, and well kept up. The owner, Judy, is both friendly and helpful. If you are looking to get away from the tourist concentrations, this is the place to go to relax. It is a seasonal hotel, and thus does not take credit cards, so you need to send in a check for your reservation. You also need to drive about 20 minutes off of Route 1. But, if you are looking for quaint peace and quiet with a fantastic view from the coast, this is it and well worth the effort!

Room Tip: Reserve early in the season. Some rooms share a bath down the hall.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeneZiel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am an artist and have come to the Pemaquid/New Harbor region for six years in a row. The Hotel,rooms,waitstaff and owners are refreshingly accommodative and friendly .I have stayed in ine of the bungalows,The Potters Shed ,upstairs with a shared bath and Chauffeurs and The Bryant . All rooms were wonderful . If there is something you need ,never be afraid to ask .
the views are stunning and the Lobster is fresh at Shaws right around the corner as well as a few more restaurants ,the Seagull is wonderful and walking distance from the hotel .
Visit the Pemaquid Penninsula and take back memories that will last a lifetime .

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is in a good location near the cliffs and lighthouse. It is an old building and does not have too many modern features, but if you are happy with a traditional old fashioned hotel (e.g. it has no bar, because the conservation trust land it sits on doesnt allow it) then I would recommend it. It is much cheaper than the fancy place up the road. The porch is a nice place to watch people walk by while drinking your coffee. On my visit, we had accidentally booked and paid for the room for one night longer than we were actually staying. I only discovered this when I checked out! Despite the fact they had no obligation to refund me, the owner tracked us down (having breakfast in a local restaurant) she drove there, and presented us with a cheque for the amount of the night we booked by mistake. That made my day. I don't believe you would get that service at a chain hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank simonramm
Tavernier, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel Pemaquid was all that we hoped it would be! When we arrived noticed that the shower was to slippery for my husband and me as we have health problems. I contacted the staff and the owner personally went and got me a shower mat! That was the most impressive amount of service I have ever experienced. Thank you to All the Staff! The rooms were clean and you can not beat the beauty of the surrounding area. All in all We will return as its a great experience!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TJStack
Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is in a wonderful location and has a great history. We chose it for both those reasons. It does however lack certain basic requirements - the room smelt musty, the furniture and carpets were well worn. It could be so much better - it has incredible potential - it needs some TLC.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank williamsjd4
Pepperell, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Since Pemaquid Point is one of my favorite places, I have been past the hotel dozens of times and always thought it would be nice to stay there. The hotel has been beautifully renovated and includes cottages. We stayed in one of the cottages facing the road which actually gives a very nice view. It is just a short walk to the Lighthouse. Our room was large and comfortable looking. My lower rating is because the bed was hard as a rock and the shower was the kind where you can't control the flow. There were three of us booked into the room but there were towels for only two. So I got more at the front desk. When the room was cleaned before our second night, again there were only towels for two. Housekeeping should be made aware of how many guests are staying in a room! So after a less-than-comfortable night I got into a stinging shower on full blast. Other than that, the deck is a lovely place to sit and the room was nice and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Newagen
Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
#1 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Hotel Pemaquid? Share your experiences!