“Fantastic trip!”
Review of Maine Kayak

Maine Kayak
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were on the 2-day paddling excursion and, although I was much less experienced than the other members of the group, our guide Alva made me feel completely at ease during the entire trip. He could not have been more accommodating or knowledgable, and everything from the paddling to the food was perfect! Great traveling companions as well. I would definitely recommend Maine Kayak to anyone, regardless of skill level. Thank you for a wonderful holiday!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a great group to go out with and see wildlife, coves, and learn kayaking skills. They offer inland learning sessions as well as simple, beautiful and safe tours. Equipment is good and very stable and they can handle a range of skill levels. Maine is kayaking heaven and its worth it to do some hours with these folks.

1  Thank Peregrine1111
Reviewed 19 May 2013

As beginners we were very glad about the experienced guide. We learned a lot about kayaking and the wildlife in the bay. We had a great stay on a little island and even got blueberrypancakes in the morning. We would go back and do it again!

1  Thank bindli82
Reviewed 22 August 2012

"Arn't I wicked lucky." That's what I thought when we launched our (tiny) boats for the white water kayaking course on the West Branch. I'm a beginner with a lot of imagination on what could go wrong. Alvah the instructor has years of experience managing hysterical, inexperienced and a bit crazy (myself) rafters and kayakers. I would trust very few others on this river. He was patient, safe, considerate and extremely knowledgeable. He was very conscious of how all of us were doing physically - and chose the best options for us. (I was the youngest of the group - and I'm over 40!) He's been here since he was 6, and loves the river like his son (who was a great adventurer on the making), along with his wife who is a guru of all things current in conservationism and environmentalism in Maine. I feel lucky to have come across this family team. There is no doubt this trip was some real wicked good fun, scenery and thrills. Some facts: would be good to bring your own neoprene booties - as some of the others can be a bit 'ripe.' Don't be afraid to ask questions - seek advice. I really enjoyed learning more about the water, the waves, the currents and the river. You'll enjoy it if you can handle the challenge.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I booked both camping and a half day of kayaking with Maine Kayak directly. They made this very easy! The campground was excellent and incredibly nice people. The sea kayaking was the best experience I have had in years!! Alvah welcomed us and was very good about getting us the right equipment and educating us on all we needed tio know about sea kayaking. He made us feel comfortable and as we were out on the water truly made the experience an exciting one. He was VERY knowledgable about the area and its history and about everything relating to the local fisherman. I learned so much about maine and its history in the half day of kayaking. So great!! I would recommend this place to ANYONE looking for a nice, relaxing, fun and yet adventous experience. I plan on booking this every year!!!

1  Thank Jillian F