We love to try new places and we utilize Groupon to check out Hotels and Restaurants see if we like them without breaking the bank. This was one of those places. We purchased a Groupon that was buy one night and get the 2nd night free. This is one of the nicest drives to a hotel and a great basic property. You walk in the front doors and the desk staff introduce themselves and ask your name right away, then they consistently greeted you by name. The wifi in the first room did not work well and they immediately moved us but allowed us to make sure that the wifi worked in the 2nd room before actually moving us. The rooms themselves had some small issues like the could offer a better grade of Toilet paper and towels but loved the soaps and shampoo. They have a coffee maker but no spoons, cream and sugar. They have a small kitchen laid out with a microwave and small fridge but there are no plates or cutlery. They need to post a sign on the door to make the guests understand that the locks on the doors do not lock automatically. We were located right beside the Housekeepers closet and we could hear them talking loudly as they arrived in the morning and prepared for the day.
As we checked out, I mentioned a couple items about the restaurant to the desk staff and her response was some of the best. It was early in the morning (7:30am) and she mentioned that she would speak with the Jason - General Manager when he came in. To my surprise, within a short time of Jason getting into work, he called me (long distance) and was amazing in his response. These days, hotels have forgotten what customer service is about and Jason truly understands what it means to provide good customer service. For that reason i would recommend this hotel and if i am ever in the area of Main i would stay here in a heart beat.
PS - the best part of the hotel room was that there was no Televisions in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frommer's Travel Guide said, "It's hard to convey the magnificence of the ocean views, maybe the best of any Inn's in Maine." The open sea, rocky cliffs and thick forest create an enchanting setting for the historic Newagen Seaside Inn, poised on the tip of Southport Island in the heart of Maine's famed Boothbay Harbor region. Make some memories at the newly restored, yet always historic, Newagen Seaside Inn, at the edge of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Newagen Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newagen Seaside Hotel Newagen
- Newagen Seaside Inn Maine