We only had one night, and could have stayed a week! A sense of peace descended as we arrived, such a relief to find that dinner awaited us and we didn't have to drive out again.
Walked down to the dock, past the pool and watched the sun set, then cocktails on the deck.
A wonderful seafood dinner followed. This is a classic hotel and you do it their way. Rooms are small, with no TV, and you slow down to Maine time. There is Wi-fi, but go take a walk around the island, or a canoe up the creek.
We cannot wait to come back, this hotel is life-enhancing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frommer's Travel Guide said, "It's hard to convey the magnificence of the ocean views, maybe the best of any Inn's in Maine." The open sea, rocky cliffs and thick forest create an enchanting setting for the historic Newagen Seaside Inn, poised on the tip of Southport Island in the heart of Maine's famed Boothbay Harbor region. Make some memories at the newly restored, yet always historic, Newagen Seaside Inn, at the edge of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Newagen Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newagen Seaside Hotel Newagen
- Newagen Seaside Inn Maine