“The Inn is wonderful, but not the restaurant.”

The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Newagen
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
virginia beach
“The Inn is wonderful, but not the restaurant.”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our room in the Inn is nice and quaint. The bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. The pool is outdoors, but is heated just right. Check in was a breeze. The restaurant service was another matter. There were only 5 tables when the hostess took us to our table. We watched 4 different servers attend to the tables all around us. A few ordered and received food during that time. After 15 minutes I went back to the hostess and she said someone would be right with us. 4 minutes later our waiter arrived with water. He said sorry for your wait, then said I'll give you a few moments to look at the menu! When my soup arrived, I had to ask for bread and silverware (which other tables recieved when they sat down). I also had to ask for a refill of water each time. Things got a little better. The clam chowder was wonderful, and the scallops were good. But my husbands "seared" pork chop was not seared and very very pink on one side. He doesn't like to complain, so he ate about half if it. We noticed on our bill, they did not charge us for our desert. So that maybe their way of saying sorry, but our waiter didn't say anything about it. Other people enjoyed their meals, so we might have gotten the wrong waiter and meals.

• Visited June 2013

“Our stay at Newagen Seaside Inn on Southport Island in Maine”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Took my husband on a two night stay at Newagen this week. Our first time here and so happy that we were able to enjoy ourselves at this beautiful historic site along the Maine coast. Quiet, peaceful, charming, inviting, all of the qualities that we were looking for. The staff is friendly and make you feel so welcome as if this was our home. Our king size bed was comfortable. We had the breakfast buffet that was included in our package and my husband actually was impressed. Cinnamon rolls were made fresh and mouth watering. The wait staff very friendly and attentive. You don't have to leave the inn for anything. Meals are available. Activities & entertainment is available. We walked, rode the bicycles, bowled in the onsite bowling alley. Heard the surf pounding on the rocks from the harbor with sounds of seagulls in the distance. I did not want to leave this lovely getaway. I want to go back in the spring when they reopen. I was not disappointed at all. Thank you to all at Newagen for making my stay so memorable.

2 Thank Lynn M
Marietta,GA
“Chef Fiona rocks!”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The cuisine is varied, delicious, beautifully served and presented. I especially enjoyed her "easy" lobster and the flourless chocolate torte.

Boothbay Harbor, Maine
“Island Secret”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

After years of trying this place has hit its stride. A destiny location, at the end of no where, you come here for the view, the sea air and now, the food and service. The view is post card perfect too. Tian holds court in the pub - which is simple in set up but more than makes up for it in quality. I have not had a bad meal here yet and eaten here twice a week on average. Service is organized, and, the staff seems happy about being there (many are from Jamaica). The fish special is always tops - and there are two menus to order from (simple and the more formal list offered in the adjoining fancy dining room). Either room, depending on your mood, is by far the best choice for dinner on the Boothbay Peninsula now.

• Visited September 2012
Bowie, Maryland
“Rustic feel to send you back in time”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Lived the fell, history, and views. The staff was very accommodating. The bed in the room provided was too hard so the staff offered to upgrade us to a better room with a softer bed at no charge. The main building is old but fully renovated so you can hear loud noises through the walls, but guests were quiet for the most part (no tv's in the rooms probably for this reason). Lots of great history behing the resort which I highly recommend you read.