“Unexpected.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Newagen Seaside Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Newagen
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Unexpected.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We were enjoying our stay at the inn so much that we were pleasantly surprised how delicious the meal was. Service was a bit slow, but we were in no hurry. The bartender one night was noticeably undertrained. The only real disappointment was that the bar closed at 10 pm.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

NH
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

An incredible view, scrumptious food, and very good service. Although a Boothbay Harbor frequent flyer, this was our first time at Newagen Inn for dinner (pub), but will certainly not be our last... A very nice first impression!

Visited August 2013
“Restaurant has good food but poor acoustics and service was somewhat slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to the restaurant for many years. I miss the old elegance of the nice china and tablecloths in the large dining room. The restaurant now is more of a bistro with a somewhat noisy bar. On the positive side, the view ( with some outdoor dining) is still lovely and the grounds are well maintained. Cape Newagen is a charming seaside spot.
The food was quite good and portions were reasonable.
I did not enjoy the musician in the next room. It was definitely not background music and at times the bar got quite noisy and the dining room was rather warm.
Our waiter was well intentioned but I think overworked. Service was a bit slow and at times we saw him literally running to keep up.

• Visited July 2013
virginia beach
“The Inn is wonderful, but not the restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our room in the Inn is nice and quaint. The bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. The pool is outdoors, but is heated just right. Check in was a breeze. The restaurant service was another matter. There were only 5 tables when the hostess took us to our table. We watched 4 different servers attend to the tables all around us. A few ordered and received food during that time. After 15 minutes I went back to the hostess and she said someone would be right with us. 4 minutes later our waiter arrived with water. He said sorry for your wait, then said I'll give you a few moments to look at the menu! When my soup arrived, I had to ask for bread and silverware (which other tables recieved when they sat down). I also had to ask for a refill of water each time. Things got a little better. The clam chowder was wonderful, and the scallops were good. But my husbands "seared" pork chop was not seared and very very pink on one side. He doesn't like to complain, so he ate about half if it. We noticed on our bill, they did not charge us for our desert. So that maybe their way of saying sorry, but our waiter didn't say anything about it. Other people enjoyed their meals, so we might have gotten the wrong waiter and meals.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Our stay at Newagen Seaside Inn on Southport Island in Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Took my husband on a two night stay at Newagen this week. Our first time here and so happy that we were able to enjoy ourselves at this beautiful historic site along the Maine coast. Quiet, peaceful, charming, inviting, all of the qualities that we were looking for. The staff is friendly and make you feel so welcome as if this was our home. Our king size bed was comfortable. We had the breakfast buffet that was included in our package and my husband actually was impressed. Cinnamon rolls were made fresh and mouth watering. The wait staff very friendly and attentive. You don't have to leave the inn for anything. Meals are available. Activities & entertainment is available. We walked, rode the bicycles, bowled in the onsite bowling alley. Heard the surf pounding on the rocks from the harbor with sounds of seagulls in the distance. I did not want to leave this lovely getaway. I want to go back in the spring when they reopen. I was not disappointed at all. Thank you to all at Newagen for making my stay so memorable.

Visited September 2012