“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was very impressed with their gluten-free options and the taste of their burger. Wow! I would go out of my way to eat here again. Also, prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Erin L
There are newer reviews for Newcastle Publick House

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Husband and I stopped there at the suggestion of the saleswomen at Reny's who said they had never been disappointed with their meals there. They were dead on with their assessment of the food. We started with a beer from a Maine brewery, perfect Cosmo (my fav drink), and crab cakes. My husband loves Sheperd's Pie and is often disappointed with what he gets. Not this time! He was delighted with the chunks of lamb shanks and the perfectly seasoned sauce. He described it as the best Sheperd's Pie he has ever eaten.. And he has eaten many of them! I ordered the broiled Haddock Rachel and it was as tasty as it could be. The wait staff were cheery and friendly and provided excellent service. We left wishing that we lived closer. It would be a weekly stop if did! We will be back there when we are close to Newcastle again. Yum.

2  Thank Lizzy57-12
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our first visit left us all saying, we will definitely come back here. Good food and excellent prices, service was good as well. They also have a very good selection of draft beers on tap. If you're in the area I highly recommend stopping here, we will definitely return!

1  Thank George S
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great atmosphere, outdoor dining, neat bar area and old wooden floors. They have a brick oven as well as a BBQ pit. Food is good and they have decent beers on draft. Try the Godess pizza with wheat crust, my personal favorite. The muscles were great as well.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stopped in on a slow Saturday night in November. Loved the bar and wide wood floors. Service was ok but not very friendly.
They had a small, but decent local craft/micro-brew selection.
We ordered the pulled pork nachos, crab cakes and a whole wheat veggie pizza. It was all good.
It was all good, but it could all be better.