“Be advised!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Newcastle Publick House
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Napa, California
“Be advised!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had dinner there and it was a disaster. We sat down and initially the waitress was timely. We ordered our food and waited and waited. I ordered a cup of Haddock soup and a Reuben and my wife ordered the haddock in beer batter. Nothing out of the ordinary for a Pub. However two parties came in five minutes after us and got served before us. Their meals should have taken as much time as ours to cook. Finally we were served with cold French fries, cold haddock. The soup was watery. We would never go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Waldoboro, Maine
“Fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch today. I had the halibut tacos with lettuce, salsa and delicious crema. The fish was so fresh and the tacos were truly amazing. My husband had Scottish salmon on a Caesar salad and it too, was absolutely wonderful. The salmon almost melted in your mouth. We are looking forward to going there for dinner SOON!!!

• Visited April 2014
East Conway, NH
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was very impressed with their gluten-free options and the taste of their burger. Wow! I would go out of my way to eat here again. Also, prices are reasonable.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Erin L
Farmingdale, Maine
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stopped there at the suggestion of the saleswomen at Reny's who said they had never been disappointed with their meals there. They were dead on with their assessment of the food. We started with a beer from a Maine brewery, perfect Cosmo (my fav drink), and crab cakes. My husband loves Sheperd's Pie and is often disappointed with what he gets. Not this time! He was delighted with the chunks of lamb shanks and the perfectly seasoned sauce. He described it as the best Sheperd's Pie he has ever eaten.. And he has eaten many of them! I ordered the broiled Haddock Rachel and it was as tasty as it could be. The wait staff were cheery and friendly and provided excellent service. We left wishing that we lived closer. It would be a weekly stop if did! We will be back there when we are close to Newcastle again. Yum.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Lizzy57-12
United States
“Good food and good beer.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our first visit left us all saying, we will definitely come back here. Good food and excellent prices, service was good as well. They also have a very good selection of draft beers on tap. If you're in the area I highly recommend stopping here, we will definitely return!

• Visited January 2014