Jordan Hotel and Conference Center
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Newry
See available hotels
View Hotel
Trails End Motel(Rumford Point)
Royalty Inn(Gorham)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssliderssunday rivernew englandski resortmurphy bedvacation weekclosed dueoff seasonfull servicemain baseexcellent staybeautiful locationmain areaafter a long dayhot tubexpected morekeep in mind
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Jordan Grand is hard to locate and the signage coming into the Sunday River resort is inadequate. The road up to the hotel is 5 miles long and was poorly plowed after a overnight snowfall on the weekend we were there. It was very slippery driving conditions.
The hotel facilities were very good for the price but the staff training could be improved. For example, staff could not locate our skis in the Ski Check room one morning because they were not checked in correctly the day before. There was no decaffeinated coffee in our room and an old coffee filter left in our coffeemaker from the previous occupant. We could not pick up the wi-fi from our room location, a very weak signal. Staff told us the wrong time for the breakfast buffet which, by the way, was excellent. The beautiful fireplace in the main lobby was not working. The hot tub was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The Jordan Grand is newer compared to the other hotel at Sunday River. It is much further away though. There is limited green terrain for the beginner skier. The hotel rooms are dated. The bathrooms are showing age along with their beds. The prices are highly variable. The pool and hot tub are nice at night. The restaurant is mediocre though. Better to go into town. Getting the on mountain shuttle can take a long time with this location.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floor. Don't have trudge up and down stairs with ski boots on if you are skiing out.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noahark
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed one night including abortive moose hunt: the guide Steve was excellent value though. Definite end of season feel. Room was spacious with balcony. Food in restaurant was not hot. Limited breakfast option. Remote location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Jordan Grand Hotel for a wedding. I found the rooms to be very clean and nice but the staff to be not so friendly. Our room was as expected (2 queen beds, with a patio on the first floor). The staff from my first encounter to my last was not as great. Over the phone, the woman booking my room was very rude. This hotel requires you to pay for the ENTIRE cost of the stay up front and you can not cancel the room, even if it is months in advance. I have never found another hotel with a policy like this. The staff greeting me at check in was just as rude, I had requested an early check in (check in time isn't until 4:00pm) due to the wedding I was in starting at 3:00. I needed a place to get ready. The staff member gave me a hard time, even though it was off season and the place was pretty much empty.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend to play golf in the area including the Sunday River golf club. Wonderful, friendly staff. Eileen checked us in and couldn't have been more hospitable! Very inviting when we drove up and saw the chalet like architecture. Room on front side of hotel had great mountain view with a balcony. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included with our stay which was a delicious buffet with every kind of breakfast food you would want including made to order omelette station. Restaurant has a nice little bar and friendly bartenders that poured great drinks! Hotel is only about 10 minutes from Bethel where we also played golf and went to dinner. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for room on front side of hotel on 3rd floor (the top floor) with a balcony. Mountain views are on front side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple