“Unbelieveable views”

Sunday River Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Newry
Reviewed 14 October 2013

every hole at the Sunday River golf course has spectacular views no matter which direction you look. From the magnificent clubhouse to each and every hole this golf course borders on magnificent. The layout of the course is such that every hole has a view of the surrounding mountains.The golf course itself is it an outstanding test of your ability. When played from the back tees it is all the golf course you can handle. I would suggest unless you are a low handicap player that you move forward and give yourself a chance. I caution that you exercise extreme caution going downhill on the cart paths as they in fact are extremely downhill. The scenic vistas on each hole are breath taking. The course is very difficult but extremely fair. I suggest a few extra balls in your bag may be a good idea.

There are newer reviews for Sunday River Golf Club

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We have been golfing for 14 years, in the states and some internationally. This is one of the most beautiful courses we have played, with rolling hills, elevation changes , water, mountains, and sheer beauty. But, I was offended when the ranger accosted me for driving off the cart path. They have no handicap flags nor do the make any allowances for disabled folks. They should advertise NO HANDICAPPED PERMITTED! Lovely course for the able bodied.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Very scenic and in great shape. Greens were running very true. A bit on the slow side, but excellent condition. Can't say enough about the beautify scenery with mountains in the background. A must play course!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This course is right at Sunday River in the mountains and is so beautiful with gorgeous views all around. While a challenging course it is still very playable. Course was in perfect shape. Only issue we had was with the golf cart trying to get up a hill on the cart path between the first and second hole. Gentleman who checked us in told us to be careful due to the rain that morning because the tires may slip. Well, slip they did and cart kept going backwards. Ended up on very edge of steep ravine. It took all the power and might my husband had to push the cart from behind while I gunned the accelerator. We were quite concerned that the cart was gonna fall into the ravine and take my husband with it. They really should put a guard rail in at that spot. It was pretty scary.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very disappointed in conditions at Sunday River. All fairways have rotted grass and mud and water. Greens are bumpy and slow. Many cart path only holes. Beautiful scenery. Take a hike and play golf somewhere else.

Claire