“WONDERFUL MEAL”

Cuisines: Seafood
Norwich, Connecticut
“WONDERFUL MEAL”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband Jim and I traveled from CT to North Berwick, ME-we went to the Angel of Berwicks-Bed & Breakfast. We hit a lot of traffic so we did not want to travel too far for dinner. We were able to walk right over to Johnson's Seafood & Steak Restaurant. We were very pleasantly surprised. I had the steak tips with sweet potato fries & coleslaw- I ordered the 6 oz. size which was very filling for me. Jim had the baked sea scallops with baked potato and coleslaw. The steak tips were very tender and the sweet potato fries were nice and crisp- the coleslaw was delicious also. Jim said his scallops were baked perfectly.

• Visited July 2014

“Not as good as it was but ok for an EZ meal”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Like most restaurants Johnson's is offering smaller portions and higher prices. It is NOT as near a value as it has been in the past. We have seen the decline over the past 10 years. That being said it is still a worthwhile
stop if you want an average local meal. The menu is not large but it is adequate for Maine local tastes. The seafood is fresh and tasty. The prime rib is just fine. Cooked rare by chance according to our server.
The food was served warm and the waitress had a smile come tip time. Pricey seafood and small portions keep me from coming more often.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cvette
united states
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Steak tips are great, seafood is cooked just right, but you can't beat the baked stuffed haddock! For years I have tried baked stuffed haddock at many other, mostly more expensive, seafood restaurants and none can compare. It's always juice and flaky, never dry. Have to say that the baked potato has been sent back for being hard so often that I now order it "soft", but that's no big deal. It's always been handled with friendly efficiency. Between the fish and potato, there's no room for anything else, including the two sides that come with it! I love this place!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank travellernomore
Berwick, Maine
“Amazing fish and chips!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Cute little family restaurant. Happened to be there for the fish and chips special on a Monday night. It was awesome. Best fish I have ever had - both the fish and the batter. I couldn't believe it. My husband, 2 kids, and I ate for the same price as it costs us to go to McDonalds! Service was quick and friendly. Very relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank LoriHKilleen_TX
Strafford, New Hampshire
“Good food”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Their food is always good, do notice the portions are getting smaller and the prices are increasing. Like many places now.

Visited April 2013