“Excellent supper, superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asticou Restaurant

Asticou Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Acadia Corporation, the former operators of the Jordan Pond House and stewards of its traditions, is excited to be managing the Asticou Inn & Restaurant. The Asticou and the Jordan Pond House have a shared history originating in the 19th century of offering respite in the midst of the glacial beauty of Mount Desert Island.
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent supper, superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This was an excellent addition to our stay. The food was well prepared, fresh, tasty and served with style. I had the citrus salmon which was so good I had it the next night too. My husband had duck and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Desserts were perfect too. They can even make a cup of strong hot tea...... A very rare talent in North American restaurants. The daytime service on the deck was also excellent and had some pomme frites that were absolutely amazing. Combined with the excellent surroundings it was a very enjoyable experience that made up for the parks being closed.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank HRHCaoimhe

Chicago, Illinois
“Well kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This restaurant was prominent for years, then fell in quality, and it is back. Ate there last night fo the first time in years, and it was fabulous-food, service, view, everything.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank kathykc
New York
“Simply exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the first review I've written in recent memory. My wife and I had been to the Asticou about 10 years ago, and remembered it at that time for the view from the deck, but not especially for the food. Recently, the restaurant has been taken over by a Boston chef who previously ran a very successful catering company (we didn't meet the chef but I had a long conversation with the new manager). The meal was exceptional. So was the service. And the view was as spectacular as ever. Between four of us, one had the filet, one the scallops, and two of us had the lamb. Everything was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. And we kept talking about the service. We've been to plenty of great restaurants, including a recent visit to the Inn at Little Washington, and I have to say the food at service at the Asticou is now at the top of my list.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank skgbos
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Superlative food, service, and views.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

See my review of the Asticou Hotel. I wonder how such a marvelous restaurant can continue to survive with so few guests and such superior food and service. Please let the people in Bar Harbor know that they could have an elegant night out in Northeast Harbor.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Spanielmama
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I stumbled into Peabodys quite by accident while driving around MDI on a rainy day. It was a step back in time to a grand old hotel. We had lunch in a dining room, complete with white tablecloths, that overlooked the harbor. The atmosphere was wonderful. We found the wait staff to be very attentive. We savored lobsters rolls for the first time. They were absolutely delicious! It was a little pricier than some lunches but definitely worth it for the overall experience.

• Visited August 2013