My wife and I returned recently to the Asticou for our anniiversery. We went there on our honeymoon 20 years ago. It was very nice then but things, as they say, have changed. The room was shabby and almost totally lacking in privacy. The food was poor and absurdly priced. I paid $12.95 for some rubber eggs and cold toast. At check-out I noticed a $13 fee for each day called a resort fee. When I asked what it was I was told "Oh, just another fee..." I recommend that you stay somewhere else. There are several very nice places in near-by Bar Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Inn Maine/Northeast Harbor