My significant other and I recently stayed here to scout the Inn as a potential destination wedding. The Inn and the grounds are certainly lovely. We loved the big front porch and the bar in the back as well as the refreshing pool. Dinner was spectacular, and our server Vance entertained us all evening.
Unfortunately, that's where the positives stop. We had a small room not facing the water (as we booked). Be warned that on hot days, this side gets the afternoon sun. There was no AC, which we expected (but actually our B&B in Bar Harbor did have AC). Our room must have been 90 degrees when we arrived, but instead of some fans being out and in the window, they were shoved in the closet. The room never really cooled down. The bed was uncomfortable and the headboard was broken. All of these things we could chalk up to "old world charm", until our toilet started leaking from the base, making a big puddle on the wooden bathroom floor every time we flushed. We told the front desk staff and left for some time. When we returned, a towel had been placed around the base of the toilet. We went back to the staff to ask why, and they said that there was nothing they could do until the next day. Even though there were vacancies, we were not offered a room change, nor a discount, even though we asked! We just kept hearing "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do."
Needless to say, we will not be having our wedding here. We can't imagine asking our friends and family to pay $250-300 a night for a shoddy room with terrible hotel service. Everywhere else we've stayed on Mount Desert Island has been phenomenal for a fraction of the price. Surely for that much one could count on a working toilet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Inn Maine/Northeast Harbor