The best thing about the inn is its historic charm and tranquil setting overlooking the harbor. It is also right near Asticou and Thuya gardens, which I highly recommend visiting. We didn't have a five star experience, though. The small room had a chest of drawers that didn't open readily - cheap, not historic. The same can be said of the old sink with separate hot and cold faucets. The hot was "historic" appearing, the cold faucet a Walmart quality replacement. Bed was very comfortable. Grounds of the hotel well kept. Morning coffee service was lousy. Staff were polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Inn Maine/Northeast Harbor