“Beautiful House, beautiful property”
Review of The Pressey House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakland
The Pressey House
Ranked #1 of 1 Oakland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a wondeful time here. The loft suite is an amazing place to wake up, and the breakfasts were excellent. The lakefront property in the backyard is a great place to spend a morning. Very likely to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Loved this B&B. What a great discovery. I am reluctant to promote it because I want to be sure I can always stay at The Pressey House when I am in the area. The innkeepers have created a space that is charming and cozy and rustic feeling WITHOUT making it kitschy and tacky and "fake Maine." Wonderful communal area to relax in; the room was thoughtfully stocked with all the amenities one could think of; bed was comfortable; breakfast was delicious and interesting (and NOT humungous, which too often happens in B&Bs, I think); and the view and grounds were beautiful. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My recent 1 month stay at The Pressey House was EXCELLENT ! Breakfast served every morning, afternoon cookies, beautiful view of the lake, and a cozy home feel. They cleaned my room every morning and left me baked goods most afternoons in my kitchen. I stayed in the loft and the Terrence suite, both are big and have everything you need. No worries here!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had the ultimate Maine experience while staying at The Pressey House. My mother, aunt and I stayed in the loft (a converted barn) and felt like we were staying in a cabin on a lake. The view was fantastic. From the amazing food, to the beautiful decor, to the friendly service, this is a place we'll be visiting again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed overnight on a beautiful sunny day at this B&B. the hosts were very good and friendly.The Inn has a unique charm and the location is great. The breakfast was plentiful, though I would have preferred some lighter fare as an option. Overall it is a nice place and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Sharon W, Owner at The Pressey House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for your review. We do offer lighter dishes and I will try to inquire with our guests in the future to see if there are any requests for this option when they check in.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Spent 2 nights at this wonderful B and B and would have loved to stay longer. The owners were very welcoming and truly seemed to enjoy being hosts to anyone staying at this lovely B and B on the lake. The breakfasts were delicious, and coffee, tea, hot chocolate and home made cookies were available throughout the day. We planned to tour the area but sitting by the roaring fire and relaxing in the peacefulness of the beautiful surroundings, left us procrastinating with our day trip plans. Once you step into the Pressey House, there's no reason to leave if you just want to relax, rejuvenate, and unwind. Sharon was the perfect host and we hope to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Balcony Room and it was perfect for 2 and we had a cot for our son.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad your family enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you all.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our daughter has been a camper for three years at New England Music Camp and so we have had a chance to stay at several local hotel chains for drop off and Family Weekends. Wish we had found the Pressey House sooner as it was our best visit yet. Lorne and Laurie are the perfect inn hosts--friendly, helpful but unintrusive. The inn has a rustic charm that seems perfect for a stay in Maine but does not mean that it is old. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of our room and the common areas and the presence of wifi, t.v.s and air conditioners ensured that it was not old.

We found Pressey House last year while visiting a little park on Lake Messalonskee. We decided that we wanted to spend our NEMC Family Weekend this year enjoying what Maine has to offer and not stay in a chain hotel. We loved that the inn is on the lake and enjoyed a great kayak trip one morning thanks to the free kayaks that the inn offers. Each afternoon we would have a glass of wine sitting in the adirondack chairs lakeside with a lovely view.

The Pressey House is only about a 7 minute drive to NEMC which made it extremely convenient. It is also only five minutes from the High School where they hold the Pops concert. And there are great restaurants nearby to enjoy.

I would also think that the inn would be a great place to stay if you had business in the area as our room had a kitchenette that was fully equipped and had lots of room. The wifi signal was great and the set up of the inn means that all of the rooms have a lot of privacy.

Thanks, Lorne and Laurie, for your warm welcome, the yummy breakfasts and the perfect hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccrosner

Been to The Pressey House? Share your experiences!