“Breathtaking views”
Review of Marginal Way

Marginal Way
Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Ogunquit
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic 1.5 mile oceanside cliffwalk.
Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breathtaking views”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Easy 1.5 mile walk along picture perfect ocean views. Benches along the way to stop, relax, and enjoy the views while listening to the sound of the waves crashing. The scent combination of the sea and the beautiful flowers growing along the walkway is heavenly. One of my favorite places ever!

1 Thank Stacy L

Rensselaer, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A walk in paradise”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The marginal way is about 1.2 miles walk each way. You walk along the ocean on a beautiful paved path. There are benches placed everywhere to sit and just take in the view. You can smell the sea air and hear the birds. Beach roses drip over the path further into the walk. It's beautiful, peaceful and a great way to start your day. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1 Thank Colleen3053
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good in any weather!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Before we left to walk the marginal way last week, I checked trip advisor because it was a rainy day and I wanted to know if this was a rainy day walk.I didn't find anything in my brief perusal, but after walking it in the rain myself my answer is YES!!!

We walked the marginal way when it was overcast and rainy, and still really enjoyed it. The views were still spectacular, and while I would like to see it on a sunny day, I enjoyed seeing the overcast skies reflected in the grey ocean. I liked the moodiness of the scenery, and thought that it added a certain element of beauty. The path was paved the whole way so even if you only have flip flops or shoes that wouldn't do well on a muddy hiking path in the rain, you'll be fine! If I were to do this again I would have a smaller breakfast and stop for something to eat in Perkins Cove.

2 Thank Clare M
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Wonderful views”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Love walking along the Marginal Way, breath taking views, love the foliage and walking along the sea wall. A must do while in Ogunquit.

Austin, Texas, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“There is a reason it's #1”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Please I implore you, do not visit the Ogunquit area without walking the Marginal Way.

Walk at your own pace, stop and savor the breathtaking views of the ocean and rocky coast from carved out areas and numerous benches for your resting pleasure.

Start or finish (or just go halfway) from Perkins Cove and Ogunquit Beach...it is all lovely and so worth it.