“Behind a gimmicky name is a wonderful restaurant.”
Review of That Place

That Place
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: That Place in Ogunquit is modern in look and feel, with a bustling, lively fun bar and lounge. We offer delicious steaks, creative seafood and inventive, yet classic appetizers.The newly renovated restaurant has an urban style dining room complete with a well designed bar area which is conducive to having a cocktail or a full five course meal. The two big screen LCD TVs and 12 beers on tap also make That Place in Ogunquit 's bar perfect to enjoy baseball season, or just great company.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm glad I didn't let my suspicion of restaurants with cutesy/gimmicky names deter me from having a wonderful dinner with friends at That Place during a recent visit to Ogunquit. The contemporary space, friendly staff and exceptional assortment of seafood made That Place a dining experience that exceeded the expectations of all three members of my dinner party. We sampled a broad cross-section of the menu and found each item was up to the same flavorful and fresh standard.

Call ahead for reservations on weekend nights as the place is busy and also accommodating of large parties of 10-12 as several were seated during our meal.

7  Thank SwiftyLives

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Usually like to eat at the bar because it is always a fun time. I love the calamari and the hanger steak that is always cooked to perfection for me.

4  Thank Peterry1977
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited That Place on a Thursday evening with my husband and 2 friends. We had great service, great drinks, and great food. I had a caesar salad with hangar beef. It was very nicely present and yummy! My husband and one friend had 2 different pizzas and they both loved them. I can't remember what the 4th person had, a salad, I think. All of the food was very good. We sat at a hightop in the bar area. Prices were VERY reasonable! Great happy hour specials! Will definitely return!

4  Thank CocoaBeachBrenda
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Got take out dinner here and when I called it in I was told it would be twenty minutes, so I left and arrived EXACTLY on the twenty minute mark where they politely told me it would be a few more minutes, I had parked in the valet's way and did not want to be a bother to him though he was very, very nice and so I moved the car into the drive way of which he directed me to, where I then waited 20 more minutes for my food as he kindly checked multiple times on if my order was ready and he offered to bring it out to me. After sitting in the car for those twenty minutes I went in myself to see if it was ready as it had then been 40 minutes since I had ordered. I waited inside a while longer and after exactly an hour after I ordered I was able to drive away with my two orders of penne. I am torn as that place has good food and the wait staff were very kind yet and hour is a long time for two pasta dishes. I have kept in mind that they were busy however I can not help but feel it was a little bit of an excessive amount of time.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We liked this a lot when the menu and style was under the old name of "Prime." I believe (but could be wrong) it is the same owner.
We went early as we had a smaller child with us and wanted to be courteous to other diners later in the evening. One in our party had the fish and chips. The batter was a little heavy/thick and it was expected to be lighter. A request for malt vinegar was not met but they brought out cider vinegar. If you're going to offer fish 'n' chips it would be nice to have the vinegar for it. Another had the filet. Though and okay cut of meat, the cooking of it seemed haphazard. Service staff was very nice and good. I'm not so sure we'll go back.

1  Thank Matt M

Been to That Place? Share your experiences!