“Amazing Renovations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Parsons Post House Inn
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Renovations”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Lets me just say I have stayed here multiple times over the last 3 years and recently returned for my first visit this year. The room I take every time looks nothing like it use to. The biggest issue for people were the dated bathrooms. Not anymore!! This bathroom was much better then the bathroom at home. Owners are wonderful, proximity to everything is terrific, price/value best in ogunquit. Most of all I felt like a guest versus someone staying at a hotel. Great job guys!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank winterwest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Let me start by staying, this property is in the most ideal location. It is right in the "downtown" section of Ogunquit. Restaurants are everywhere, as well as little shops and a market down the street. It is steps from the Marginal Way and the Trolley stops. It is very walkable to Ogunquit Beach also.

When we stayed at the Parsons Post House last summer, it was our first trip to Ogunquit. The hosts of the Inn were so helpful, giving us suggestions on restaurants, getting around town. They also provided us with brand new beach chairs, a push cart to take our belongings to the beach, as well as an umbrella.

The little treats, water (with lemons!) and coffee that were available each afternoon were a nice touch .

Our only complaint was that the bed was very uncomfortable. I will admit, my boyfriend and I are very big on the comfort of beds in hotels and can be a little picky, but I've never had a king sized bed where my feet hang off the end (I'm 5'8"). The bed itself was so lumpy! The shower head is very low, making it hard to wash your hair, but it was tolerable.

Since I am so picky with beds, it made it hard to get a good night's rest. The innkeepers were wonderful though, and it's location is amazing.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #7. The king bed was shorter than other king sized beds and was lumpy and uncomfor...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Danilikesnicethings
usa
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Quick history...stayed here last year. Had a room on the first floor - right across from the "old" reception window. The room was small, yes, but loved it so much we came back this year. And that was BEFORE we even knew things had been renovated. This year we rented the penthouse because their prices are incredibly reasonable and weather forecasts were iffy. Figured we (2 adults, 1 child) would need some room to spread out if it rained a bunch. First of all, as you'll see in other reviews...can't say enough about John and Laura. Sweet, helpful, funny, attentive and overall lovely people. They are truly there to make your stay enjoyable and they make themselves completely available. Secondly, holy cow! The renovations are beautiful. We took a sneak peek at our room from last year and the bathroom was unrecognizable. They did a wonderful job. I never saw the penthouse pre-renovation but if it's makeover is anything like the others, then you'll be blown away. Spacious/open kitchen/dining/living area. Big flat screen tv. Air conditioning. Plenty of closet space. Stunning view of the ocean from the expansive front windows. There are 2 bedrooms. Each has a window. One of them has a washer/dryer. Small bathroom but has 2 sinks which is nice. Shower, no tub. Serious water pressure in the shower! We were one of the first guests in the penthouse since the renovations so they had a couple of little kinks to work out, but nothing big and they welcomed (no, encouraged) feedback, most of which was already in the process of being addressed. Other notes: awesome muffins/coffee in the morning and treats in the evening. Big fluffy beach towels available by the front door and easy drop off into baskets when you're done. Rain umbrellas available there too. Location can't be beat. Relatively short walk to beach. Close to everything and anything else. This year we ventured out to see the York Zoo, Kittery, Ogunquit Playhouse, etc. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, we had a heck of a time anyway. I love it at the Inn. I have no interest in staying anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NETravler
norwell, mass
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had a very nice experience at this hotel. Owners were very accommodative and helpful.If all you need is a clean room with a very comfy bed and a great location this is the place for you. Complimentary free coffee in the am is a plus. Also the price is right considering the rates at the big resorts. My main concern is a clean comfortable place to sleep. Then I am gone for the day to explore the area. I am not the type that hangs out at hotels.The Beach is a 5 minute walk away.You will see why they received the travelers choice award from trip advisor. Check it out. Boston strong from norwell mass

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Ogunquit for the first time last summer and we stayed at the Marginal Way House for two nights and managed to get a room here for one night. When we decided to go back this year, we never even considered staying anywhere but Parsons Post! I seriously can't say enough about this place. Many of the bad reviews came from people who had issues with the cosmetics (old bathrooms, old carpet, etc.). Well the owners did a complete makeover! I was so surprised to see the transformation when we came back this year. They completely gutted the bathrooms to make them more modern, put in beautiful hardwood floors in every room, and changed the decor. It was truly a wonderful transformation! Not to mention that this place literally has the best prices around. Many other places in the area charge way more and don't have half of the quality as Parsons. I also want to add that the owner is literally one of the sweetest people I've ever met! She has put everything into this Inn and it truly shows. She goes out of her way to make sure that all guests are comfortable. Oh and you're always guaranteed to have good conversation and a few laughs :)
We'll forward to staying here for many years to come!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cassyb2012
Burnt Hills, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Do yourself a favor- stay here. The inn keepers are wonderful and provide the most comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. Coffee and home made muffins and cookies are a constant. The staff could not be more helpful. We stayed here for the long Memorial Day Weekend and have already made reservation for Labor Day. Park you car. Walk to everything you need. Enjoy Ogunquit the way it ought to be enjoyed.

Room Tip: Tell the Inn Keepers what you require and they will help in any way they can.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jim M
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I think what makes this hotel is the location in Ogunquit (being able to walk everywhere and not have to deal with the traffic was great) and the friendly owners. They were very sweet and went out of their way to help us out while we stayed at the Inn. These were the two highlights for me.

That said, I agree with some of the other reviewers that there are issues with the Inn. While the rooms are tastefully decorated and the bed was very comfortable, it's true that the bathrooms are outdated and very small - they certainly aren't conducive to more than one person in the bathroom at a time, the shower barely fit one! I also noticed that some of the carpets need replacing.

While none of these factors took away from our holiday, I would expect a bit more for the price we paid. That said, in my research, I found all of the hotels/inns in Ogunquit to be pricey for what you get.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay, and when it came down to it, the location and service the Inn provided added more to our trip than the bathroom/carpet issue took away. Where else would you get a hand written welcome note waiting for you in your room?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple