“Fun late night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tapas on the Square - CLOSED

Tapas on the Square
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Fun late night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent and fun server! Food was delicious! Scallops in maple cream sauce are amazing! Nice to sit "outside" on chilly summer evening with heaters!

Visited August 2013

Hartford, Connecticut
“Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

A friend and I went here on Wednesday and were appalled by the service. We sat inside and the bartender Z(?) was very neglective, she actually left the bar and went and SAT DOWN on the patio with customers instead of actually tending to the bar. When she was there, she seemed busy checking her phone and making rude, abrupt comments. I have never experienced anything like this, it is a shame because the food was actually very good and friends from home (Connecticut) recommended Tapas on the Square. Worst experience during our vacation, will not go back!

• Visited August 2013
maryland
“Wow really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I usually can find at least one positive. Not here. Arrived 530. Opens 5 for din. Cocktails sub par and had to ask for water twice. Guacomole and pita chips only positive. All else inedible. Vietnamese eggroll ordered with shrimp.

No shrimp. Beet salad served with no dressing had to request. Chef's brochetta served with melted cheese and cold pulled chicken. How can you have that combo. Tomatoe mazarello really lame. Calamara bad attempt. Town so ripe with good to excellent est ablisments pass this.

Hubbardston, Massachusetts
“first time won't be my last time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Small indoor seating seemed like a safe bet for us due to weather but the porch had alot of guests and seemed like the more popular spot to enjoy the downtown hustle and bustle. Small bar area had 6 stools so I wouldnt recommend it for a "bar" scene. Started off the sangria. I always have to order it when its on the menu and i'm usually disappointed but not this time!! Tasted as good as my recipe. For tapas we tried and loved the figs wrapped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese, Spanish meatballs, fried artichoke hearts with horseradish cream and bbq flatbread. I loved all of them and was happy to hear that even my hubbie was full. Portions seemed generous for tapas and I know this wouldnt be the place where you'd have to leave with a hefty bill and stop for drive thu food on the way home. My server/bartender was attentive and helpful with menu suggestions. I would recommend you order one or two tapas and then work off menu and suggestions from staff.Gave it a 4 due to no parking (which is the case for most of ogunquit). Great meal!!

Methuen
“Worst service I've ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

My group of 4 went to Tapas on a Saturday expecting to be wowed since all the reviews seemed great. Since we had already eaten we just stopped in for a few drinks. First the outdoor seating appeared to be great, however, there weren't any candles around so we were being attached by bugs. We sat outside for about 10 minutes before the waitress finally came to take our order, mind you there were only 2 other tables occupied. Two of us got mojitos which were alright but sort of tasted like there was tequila in them. Two got mixed drinks which barely tasted like there was an alcohol at all in them. We then moved inside seeing as how we were being attached by bugs. The waitress took out order but after about 15 we never got anything. We located the waitress sanding outside just talking to another employee so we went up to the actual bar to order. The bartender seemed unenthusiastic about our order and it took an additional 15 for the bartender and make and deliver our drinks. We then paid for the bill and the waitress never came back with our change. Worst service ever.