“Rockmere Lodge B&B”
Review of Rockmere Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Rockmere Lodge
Ranked #11 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Rockmere is centrally located, easy walking access to both ends of town from the beach to Perkins Cove. The interior of the lodge / rooms is fantastic, but the exterior is run down &really needs work.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DriveaRagTop
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

I am Sorry You Think our Inn is run down on the outside. I better stop posting currant Pictures on Face Book Then . Take a look For Yourself everyone . Currant Pictures are posted almost daily .

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Rockmere is in a residential area along the Marginal Way, nicely removed from the crowds and bedlam. It's very chill. Andy and Bob were excellent hosts and breakfast was delicious. They were kind enough to accommodate me when my plane to Boston arrived frightfully late and I didn't reach Ogunquit until after 2 AM. The decor is very busy, old-school B&B; don't think sleek or minimalist - it's more of an 80s kitsch if anything, but in a world where everyone is trying to be "cool" to the point of exhaustion, the weekend of "cute" was kind of refreshing. The room was comfortable and it was a pleasure to hear the waves outside my window at night. The shower in my room, the Alf-Fred, was set right up against the roofline so it was a little cramped, but hot water was ample and I had no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Thank You so Much For Your Kind Words on Us and Beautiful Rockmere Lodge by The Sea . We Hope To see you again real soon .

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I also did not get the opportunity to stay at this inn but after reading the reviews, good and bad, about this place, I feel compelled to share my "brief" experience with them. Yesterday, my best friend and I decided to try a quick trip to Maine for a treat. I am flying up north from NC to visit friends and family in northern NY, where I was born and raised, and after a very difficult year of medical problems (resulting in many unplanned medical bills), we thought it would be fun. However, we agreed that we had so save money wherever we could as this was not planned ahead and we know that staying in Maine in the summertime is generally more expensive than spring, fall or winter. I saw a deal on another site stating that if I purchased a two hundred and fifty dollar gift card, I would receive another gift card worth seventy five dollars. Thinking this may be an opportunity to save us a few dollars, I phoned the Rockmere to inquire as to whether this could be done for a two night stay or not. A man, who did not identify himself, answered and I proceeded to ask him. I barely had the words out of my mouth when he interrupted me and said, "No, we don't accept those here. Have a nice day." and then hung up on me. He didn't even give me time to explain before he hung up and, by the way, the "have a nice day" was not said in a friendly way. I can identify rudeness in a voice and this voice was RUDE. We found another place and are looking forward to our quick trip. We can both use it as my friend is a recent widow and has been quite lonely and I just miss the air in Maine. It seems to revitalize me, and I can use that after this past year. I just sat down and read the reviews for this place, good and bad. I tend to believe the bad, at least as far as the demeanor of these innkeepers since I myself, had this brief, unpleasant experience with one of them. From now on, I will read both the good and the bad reviews BEFORE considering a place to stay, although my husband and I have stayed at several B&Bs from Pennsylvania to NC and had nothing but positive experiences. We have met wonderful innkeepers, as well as guests and highly recommend them to friends and relatives. None of the other inns ever had any complaints on Tripadvisor about their cleanliness and for good reason. These negative reviews can't all be from "troublemakers". I love to give good reviews, but I DON'T like being treated like I'm some kind of low life by a total stranger who has never met me. It sounds like very poor business practice to me. There are many beautiful, friendly places to stay in Maine. I am sure that I won't miss my stay at the Rockmere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Gigijessie
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Isn't it something that someone who has never stayed with us and trip advisor will let her leave a bad remake about us ? We have had guest leave excellent reviews and TA wouldn't print them and they had stayed with us. They have told us about not being posted . Any way I am the one she spoke to "Andy " and NO I was not rude to her. She got mad because I said No sorry we do not take those gift cards. That was all .She went on about how poor she was and was on a budget and I listen. What could I do hang up on her . That's would not have been me to do so . take a look at The last new review on here telling how nice we are. Guests who Has stayed with us ! I do feel sorry for people like her who thinks they can voice their hate on sites on here. And for TA to allow it .We would had loved to have her and her friends as Guests at Rockmere Lodge but she wanted to use a gift card and had no money to buy other wise at our place. I Know She will Love Ogunquit and I also Know she will enjoy the place she has chosen because Ogunquit Has some of the Best Places To Stay at In This Beautiful State Of Maine . Have a Great Summer

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I spent the weekend of the 4th with a couple of friends at Rockmere. The Lodge is a wonderful spot with gorgeous views of the ocean. The rooms are very cute and comfortable. Bob and Andy were fantastic, their were extremely friendly and helpful in all aspects. The breakfasts were delicious too!

Room Tip: Folks with proclivities towards chic modern be aware, this is a wonderfully classic NE ocean inn bri...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank You So Much For Your Kind Words On Rockmere Lodge and Us as innkeepers. We truly enjoy w3hat we are doing as Innkeepers and Hope We make everyone stay with us enjoyable. We look forward to seeing You Again in The Future at Rockmere Lodge A beautiful Place By The Sea

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was such a wonderful two days here at the Rockmere. Andy and Bob are such gracious owners. Our room #6 had such wonderful views of the Atlantic and early morning sunrise. The Marginal Way was just a minute or so away. At the Marginal Way one can go left and head into town or go right and head to Perkins Cove. The breakfasts at Rockmere are wonderful and a great way to start the day. When we returned in the evening there was always hot coffee and water in the living room area. We would have hot chocolate and add one of the various brandy's offered for free. Great owners, great breakfasts, very quiet place (all rooms have own bathrooms), and great conversations. Thanks Andy and Bob.
Carl and Fe Rissanen, Aurora, Colorado

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl R
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Thank you So Much for Your Wonderful Review. We Try hard to make Your stay at the Rockmere Lodge Wonderful . Being On The Marginal Way is so great for those who wants to walk right out our Front Door Almost and Enjoy The Walk , the Sound and Sight of The Of The Ocean . We Hope You Come and Visit Us again in The Near Future to Enjoy what We at Rockmere Lodge and Our Beautiful Town of Ogunquit Has to Offer .

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This time it was a girl's get-away. At the risk of losing our favorite room choice to other guests reading this review, our room with pull-out couch was great to share and the ocean view is wonderful.
Had lots of laughs with Andy and Doug (who are two of the reasons why guests return to Rockmere Lodge) and fellow guests. I think we chatted with in other reviewers Jo-Ann and Bill in the Look-out! Cool weather necessitated our yummy breakfast to be served indoors, but Andy had the fireplace going in their lovely dining room. Rockmere's location is perfect and no matter what the weather a walk on Marginal Way is a must. Wake to the sunrise and let the ocean lull you sleep...can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: There are stairs up to the inn but there are two guest rooms located on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

So happy To see You Again and Even More Happier that You had such a Great Time. Its always so Nice to see When Our Guests get to meet and know one another like you did over Your Weekend with Us .Looking forward to Your Next Stay with Us!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Celebrating our 40th anniversary in Ogunquit, Maine, we had a wonderful weekend stay at the Rockmere Lodge. The inn is perfectly located midway on the Marginal Way and listening to the ocean at night was wonderfully soothing. Host, Andy, was very accommodating and provided us with excellent recommendations during our stay. We enjoyed our breakfasts and were introduced to all the "kids." We would definitely go back again on our next venture to Ogunquit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank You for Loving Rockmere Lodge as Much as We Love Sharing it with You . We Look Forward to Sharing or Home with You in The Future .