As the previous reviewer, we also had a very bad experience with the Medowmere Resort. Within an hour of arrival we wanted to leave even though we had booked to stay for 5 nights. The staff was completely unsympathetic and we were told we would be charged for the 5 nights even though we were totally unsatisfied. The staff seemed to be completely used to people wanting to leave and quick to point out that you can leave but you will be charged. Unlike the whispering sand dunes promised on the website, what you get is an overcrowded, busy environment overlooking the main US Rte. 1 highway. The swimming pools and hot tub areas are way to small to accommodate the amount of rooms, leaving you to try and wedge yourself in if you are that desperate to swim. 50 people in a pool area only big enough to accommodate 10 is not my idea of a relaxing resort atmosphere as the website suggests. I cannot judge the contintental breakfast included, since an hour's wait for breakfast was too stressful. Now the accommodations themselves. We did get the jacuzzi room we had booked. However, the accomodations were barely adequate. The bathroom was so tiny, the sink is in the bedroom area, the bathtub/shower a leftover from the 70's or that's how old it looked. The closet space was non-existant since it had been overtaken to install a small fridge, leaving room to hang up 2 items at best and nowhere to put luggage, forcing you to leave it all over the room. The lighting fixture over the sitting area did not work, we asked the staff for new bulb, they spent time trying to figure out if needed new bulb or where the switch was, then even more time trying to figure out how to replace the bulb. Now for the jacuzzi---------extremely difficult to get into and no bar support, so be in top physical shape or else. Unless you are under 5 ft. tall, forget it being a 2 person jacuzzi. 3 of the jets did not work and the tub lost water level during use-----well we found out where it lost it to---------it flooded the reception area. Well at least we were then able to leave the next morning without being charged for the next 4 nights. However, now stuck with nowhere to stay the rest of the week was 1 night here and there and 8 hours travelling time each day---------not the relaxing vacation we planned. The Medowmere experience ruined our vacation. And bottom line, extremely overpriced, poorly misrepresented, zoolike atmosphere, not for anyone over 25 without children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin a tradition at The Meadowmere Resort, a family owned inn in the heart of Ogunquit. Relax with award winning amenities, great location, environmental excellence and every room choice to make your hotel stay special. Set on the Southern Coast of Maine and one hour away from Boston, the Meadowmere is a favorite Maine vacation resort for generations. Enjoy gourmet getaways, spa packages, Maine weddings, corporate meetings and year-round vacations in the heart of Ogunquit Maine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Meadowmere Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowmere Resort Ogunquit, Maine
- Meadowmere Hotel Ogunquit