1,152 results
All reviewsmarginal wayvictorian buildingsouth buildingperkins covemain propertydirect accessfire pitcontinental breakfastoff seasonogunquit beachview of the oceanhot plateseparate bedroomlow tidesmall kitchenettegranolaenjoy the view
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Once again we cannot say enough good things about the Beachmere Inn. The location is perfectly situated between the main beach and the downtown shops. The view is unequaled, and we spent a lot of time at the little beach right in front of the property. Our room (#9) did not have a view but it was roomy enough for 4 people and the kids liked the stone details, This year I inquired at the front desk what could be making the strange noise above my room starting at 6:30 every morning. Sarah, the owner, immediately came out to talk to me about it and one of the front desk workers suggested that the sliding door above us be oiled, which I believe it was. Every one of our requests was met with an immediate response. We asked if some empty bottles could be cleared from the outdoor tables so we could use it - that was done within 5 minutes. My father walked through his screen door by mistake - that was fixed with no questions asked. My only request: bring back that good raisin bread from When Pigs Fly bakery!

Room Tip: The views from the upstairs decks of the Victorian are phenomenal.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear tdrummon
It was a pleasure to meet you while you vacationed with us! I'm pleased to hear the noise issue was resolved and that by putting our heads together we came up with a quick resolution. Room 9 is one of my favorites, with the rock features keeping it naturally cool and comfortable and making this "rock room" feel anything but like your average hotel room. Please tell your father, he's not the first and won't be the last to "meet up" with a screen while on vacation. We look forward to a return visit and thank you again for your comments here on TripAdvisor. Winter well! Sarah DIment

Reviewed 15 July 2011

We have enjoyed many visits here over the years and this trip was no exception. The room was impeccably clean, front desk staff were great, breakfast wonderful. It is such a relaxing place to visit with amazing views and proximity to beaches, restaurants and shopping.

2  Thank candlemas

Dear AntoinetteD
Thank you for your review of our Inn on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to us and Ogunquit. We've certainly made some changes to the property in the past four years, so I'm happy to hear your memories of old and new will bring you back someday for a visit. Sarah Diment

Reviewed 14 July 2011

The view was spectacular and the Beachmere was wonderful! It was relaxing to see and hear the ocean from our room. We had not been back in years but we it gave us more happy memories to hold on to. I would definitely book here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AntoinetteD_11
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This is the place to stay if you are a discerning traveler and care about the experience and the comfort of the property. My family and I recently stayed for 6 nights and this visit (our 5th!) was outstanding. It's no wonder: the owner, Sarah Diment, goes out of her way to ensure that all guests are greeted with respect and enthusiasm by the front desk staff and that the rooms are sparkling clean and cozy. The Inn held an ice cream social on July 4th, after which all hotel guests gathered on the wonderful green lawn or on their balconies to enjoy the fireworks over Ogunquit Beach. I have traveled the world and by far, this is the absolute best place that I've ever had the joy to experience.

Dear dlprgal
Thank you for your recent review of our Inn on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed meeting you and learning about what keeps you busy in TX. I'm pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations with enthusiastic hello's. The ice cream social held on July 4th has been a long tradition, started by my mother to add to the celebration of the day and Ogunquit's fireworks! We look forward to your return and hope you are keeping cool in TX this summer. Sarah Diment

Reviewed 3 July 2011

We just got back from our honeymoon at the Beachmere Inn. What a beautiful place! We stayed in room 18. Gorgeous garden with a nice view of the ocean from our little patio. Our room was perfect in every way. Clean room, nice little kitchen, comfortable bed. Staff at the Beachmere are extremely friendly and helpful.

The location of the inn is perfect. Situated along Marginal's way, we enjoyed walking to Perkin's cove for coffee in the morning. There is a small beach directly below the Inn and the main beach is again within walking distance.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple