“LOVED IT BEEN SEVERAL TIMES AND WILL BE BACK”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“LOVED IT BEEN SEVERAL TIMES AND WILL BE BACK”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Have spent 3 wonderful trips at the Beachmere Inn in the summers of 2008, 2010 and 2011 and enjoy it so much we have made reservations for 2012. The views are spectacular and the friendliness of the staff is outstanding, they go out of their way to make sure you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We stay in the Victorian and can just enjoy sitting on our deck and watch people stroll by and listen to the waves pounding the surf...fantastic!! We definitly have recommended to our friends and in fact two of them are joining us this summer and are looking forward to it after viewing the pictures.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views but we enjoy the views from the Victorian.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Thank PATRICIA. P
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Patricia P
Thank you for your review of our Inn here on TripAdvisor! We look forward to your 4th visit in 2012! We'll try to arrange for great Maine weather so you can sit on your deck and watch the world go by (or at least the ocean). Winter Well!
Sarah Diment

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Beautiful location, property meticulously maintained, each room having it's own special charm.

Room Tip: Book as soon as possible!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you next year and in the mean time, winter well! Sarah DIment
new york city
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Lovely experience!! Thank you, TripAdvisor, for leading us here! This hotel looks ordinary but definitely offers much more than it appears.

First off, the location & views are spectacular. All rooms (I believe) have a balcony/porch looking out onto the expansive lawn with amazing open views of the ocean. This immediately puts you in vacation mode!

Rooms: we were in Room 121 in the West building & it was great. The room was spotless which I don't usually say about any hotel. Beds were super comfortable with nice linens (& sheets covering blankets so no cooties!) Black out shades on ALL windows were a huge plus as well since it is a sunny room with lots of windows in the living area and that usually wakes us up early (my daughter slept in this area in the couch/trundle bed and slept later than she does at home). Nice size living space overall and super user friendly - kitchenette, table & very large bathroom were all nice perks to have. No noisy air conditioners and again, porch was great & even had lights outside so you could read at night with a glass of wine taken right from the handy, friendly little bar.

Staff was very friendly & helpful - never annoyed by anything that was asked of them.

Breakfast: an OK, pretty basic buffet but enough to get you through till you're ready to leave the hotel for a bigger meal. 2 cold cereals, bagels/english muffins, yogurt/granola & very good donuts!

Location: Perfect - right on the Marginal Way!! The direct access via a small gate made it feel pretty exclusive since I didn't notice many (any?) other hotels that had this. And again with the expansive lawn, it felt separated & private where you didn't feel everyone was walking past your property. Great section of rocks to sit & hang out on right in front of the hotel & lovely, easy walk to Perkins Cove via this path.

Go Green: I read the hotel manual and they have a whole section on their 'green' policies. Very impressive. Besides natural & recycled products, they even send wasted soaps to be recycled & sent to Africa & countries where soap is not readily available. This is just an aside, but I was impressed with this as most hotels (especially when not a big chain) don't do this.

The only complaint about the room would be the thin walls & ceiling. We heard every footstep of the people upstairs (& I lived in apartments my whole life). Not sure if it is like this in the other sections and buildings (West is newest wing) but would definitely request a top/2nd floor room next time.

Also, it would've been helpful to let the guests know ahead of time (time of booking/confirmation) to bring beach blankets, chairs, etc. since these are not provided or available at the hotel & are obviously greatly needed in this area.

So, in summary, this is a wonderful place to stay -- very user-friendly and a great place to base yourself to explore other areas. We really wish we had more than 2 nights here because it is a super comfortable place that allows one to not feel like you're in a cooped up hotel room - has a very outdoorsy feel.

Kudos to the Beachmere! We hope to return again.

Room Tip: ask for top floor if staying in the West wing.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Glens Falls
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We went for a long weekend and stayed in room 9. Most rooms have an ocean veiw, ours was more of a partial veiw from our patio. Which staff did mention upon making reservations. 5 steps up gave us a full view of the beautiful ocean! Staff was very pleasant, room very comfortable and spacious. The continental breakfast was more than we imagined and they kept the items plentiful. The location was perfect, quiet but in the middle of everything. The views were just breathtaking. We have never spent so little money on parking because we didnt need to drive. Nor have we ever spent so much time at our hotel....it was really a perfect weekend. Thanks so much to all at the Beachmere!

Room Tip: I would request room 5-6-7- as they are on ground floor with full ocean view- I believe all are kitc...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank outandabout704
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I was fortunate to have had 1 nite available w/last minute plans to visit Ogunquit, ME. The reviews were good so I decided to go. Staff on phone were terrific, told me up front room was small but had a great ocean view & it did. They also made a massage appt for me based on my personal preferences & Scott was great. Also, made dinner reservations for me at a local restaurant (but I changed that on my own). I stayed in The Victorian, Rm 27. I was told I could come early, park my car & use the facilities even after I checked out of my room the next day. When I arrived to check in, the staff called me when my room was ready. This place is a slice of oceanside heaven. It is right on Mariginal Way. You can watch the waves crash over rocks as you sit in a lounge chair on their expansive lawn overlooking the ocean and Ogunquit Beach. They provide a nice continental breakfast including bagels, granola, juice, pastries & have coffee throughout the day. Room 27 was tiny, with a double bed as was told to me when I booked. However, this room was super super clean-everywhere. Had it's own private balcony w/lounge chair & table w/chairs. TV & Radio. Small refrigerator, microwave, sink, hot plate & utensils provided as well. Private bathroom also very clean w/hair dryer. Room 27 is on 2nd fl of The Victorian & is great for one person, but I think for 2 people it would be too small especially if staying for any length of time. So beautiful to watch the sunset/rise. Listen to the ocean all nite long. Lots of families but children are very well watched over by parents & not loud or a nuisance. Used the indoor spa which was fine w/shower facilities. There's also a children's play room next to a few cardio exercise machines. There is no outdoor pool, which would be nice in the future since there is plenty of space to accommodate one. However, the ocean & access to a small beach right there on Marginal Way should you want to be on the rocks. Overall, I felt very welcomed, safe & am definitely going back to stay. Solo travellers--The Beachmere Inn is a perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: Solo Travelers: stay in The Victorian, Rm 27 or any room 2nd/3rd floor facing ocean.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Marion L
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Can't imagine a better place for a summer vacation. Quick access to the cove beach, short walk on beautiful Marginal Way to access town and the main beach, beautiful updated family suites...actually don't mind a rain day because it is such a nice place to be. Big lawn and lawn games. Close access to hiking and road/mountain biking. Now with surf and SUP lessons right from the Beachmere, can't imagine what is missing! If I had to pick something, I think the restaurant could use some vegetarian/healthy fish options and I miss the "When Pigs Fly" fruit breads they used to have at breakfast but those are little things. We already have reservations for 2012 and will be making them for 2013 as soon as reservations open Jan 2nd - my calendar is marked!

Room Tip: Pics available on-line of all the rooms to help you choose the best fit for your needs
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We had our ceremony and wedding here in July 2011. The place could not have been more perfect. The staff was terrific. Kimberly, the wedding coordinator was exceptional. The food, everyone of our guest raved about. Because this was a destination wedding, I had to rely on all the Beachmeres recommendations for who to use a suppliers for the justice of peace, flowers, sound system and hair salon, all were excellent. Our guest put our wedding at the top of the list for best weddings, it was that perfect!!! I would recommend this hotel for any occasion. Robin

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple