“A very mixed bag” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Littleton, Colorado
“A very mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Walking The Marginal Way on October 21st my wife and I saw Beachmere's sign advertising their 4-7 Happy Hour and decided to give it a try. Delightful. Wonderful setting overlooking The Marginal Way and Atlantic Ocean. The bar tender was a hoot and mixed near perfect drinks. We enjoyed it so much that last evening (Oct. 23rd) we decided to go back for cocktails at sunset. Sadly, what an unpleasant experience. We mentioned that we came back because of how much we had enjoyed sunset here two nights before. The bar tender last night was sullen and unfriendly. She asked my wife how her cocktails compared to the ones mixed two nights ago; my wife very diplomatically told her tha the previous ones were better, which clearly did not please this bartender. She got very defensive and stuck it to us by charging us the regular drink prices rather than the Happy Hour prices. This was our first time in Olgonquit and won't be the last. We really liked the location of the Beachmere and were considering it for our next visit, but certainly not now. Any venue that would hire staff who are so unpleasant to customers does not deserve our business. The bartender overcharged us $4 and cost her boss future business.

Room Tip: This was a visit to the bar, only, and we could no comment on rooms. We did talk to a traveler who...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Justin S
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Justin S
Thank you for this review. While it's not one I like to receive, I do appreciate knowing about it. Firstly, let me apologize for the service you received on your return visit to our pub. I have a meeting shortly with the staff to determined why this happened and why this will never happen again. I hope you know that I take this very seriously and am very disappointed that you experienced this as this is NOT the norm of the many hard working staff that are here. I would ask that you call me so that I can take care of this personally. 800-336-3983

Sarah Diment

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We first started staying at the Beachmere in 1992 and have visited there over 17 times through the years. This year, we came "off season" in October and without our children (who are now grown up). It was great. The changes that were made in the past couple of years were terrific. We loved the expanded breakfast, the pub and look forward to using the spa on our next visit. The rooms were updated, even one of our old favorites. We received great recommendations on restaurants. The service at the hotel was great. I really can't say enough about how much we loved being there. And the view cannot be beat. One afternoon we sat on our patio and just relaxed, and looked out on the ocean.
We will be back next year-the kids want to come with us- and then we will return again in the fall without our children.

Room Tip: all rooms are great-take a look at the floor plans to see which you like best. If you are travellin...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Carole S

Thank you for your comments here on TAdvisor and for being such a loyal guest! I appreciate that you notice our continued efforts to improve on our offerings, rooms and amenities at the Inn. We try very hard to keep up with the current needs of travel, yet remain home away from home for those who have been coming for years. We will look forward to your next visit and until then, winter well!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was my second year in a row to visit the Beachmere in October; great place, truly amazing views, comfortable accomodations--it's just wonderful and I already booked the same room for next October!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Bev212

Thank you for your comments and for coming back next October. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the town of Ogunquit. Winter well, see you next October.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

When I was looking for places for my wife and I to spend our honeymoon, I went through many reviews of many different locations in coastal Maine, until I came upon The Beachmere Inn and was very impressed with the reviews. We stayed for 3 nights in the Victorian House (Rm. 35) and loved it!! It was beautiful weather for the first week of October (mid 70's) and we took full advantage of it! Walking the Marginal Way was both mine and my wife's favorite thing to do during our stay. The breathtaking views of the ocean and the quaintness of Ogunquit/Perkins Cove made for a very relaxing time. The panoramic view of the ocean from our "tower room" was incredible. We opened all of the windows and all that we could hear were the waves crashing against the rocks - VERY nice!! The customer service was excellent. I couldn't think of anything but incredible things to say about the Beachmere. To say that I highly recommend it would be an understatement!

Room Tip: The panoramic views of the ocean from Room 35 in the Victorian House is the perfect romantic getaway...
Dear DanSProduction

First, Congratulations and Thank you for choosing to spend this very special time with us at our Inn. Room 35 is one of my favorites too, the tower, the views, sitting on the window seat or that claw foot tub, it's just great room and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

Walking the Marginal Way to Perkins Cove is a must along with a long stroll along Ogunquit beach. I'm pleased you enjoyed our little town of Ogunquit and we'll look forward to your return at The Beachmere Inn.

Sarah DIment
HARTFORD, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and i just visited for a long weekend and had a wonderful time. Upon arrival we were greeted by Darlene and another woman whose name slips my mind They were extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. We went to our room in the Victorian house and found our room was spacious, comfortable, with beautiful ocean views from deck area. The sounds of the ocean were peaceful and relaxing.

The marginal way was a fantastic walk into Perkins cove, plenty of small shops and Restaurants to visit. also walk into Ogunquit center and there are even more shops and restaurants. Kennebunk port was also a nice place to visit. We ate at federal jacks and the food was good. Also ate at That Place in Ogunquit and really enjoyed it.Darlene from the hotel suggested it. My wife and I really enjoyed our time at beachmere and ogunquit and will be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Victorian house is great.
1 Thank BOBVACATION
Dear BOBVACATION

I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was helpful in making sure you had a nice time while you were here. We are very lucky to have Darlene (and Grace) on the front desk, they really enjoy people and what they do here. I'll make sure to share your comments with both of them. We look forward to your return when you come back to Maine! Until then, winter well.

Demarest, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay the Beachmere Inn. The hotel is lovely,the room was spacious and comfortable and the views are spectacular! Ogunquit is a special place and the surrounding towns are just as lovely. Kennebunkport is just 20 minutes or so up the road, so be sure to take the easy drive. Fine dining as well as terrific lobster pounds are within walking distance and there's lots of cute shopping around. Dont forget to take a walk on Marginal Way. Great getaway!

Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was our second stay at the Beachmere Inn, our first in the Victorian! It was our 23rd wedding anniversary and we had a room with a fireplace which was great for the cool October nights! We visited with the owner, Sarah, who was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful with suggestions on places to visit! We have already booked our stay for next October and will be staying in a different room in the Victorian! It's just too bad we have to wait an entire year before coming back! We loved it!

Room Tip: The room you choose should depend on the view that you want! Quite a few rooms have a view of the oc...