“Gorgeous ocean views”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Beachmere Inn. We stayed in suite 107 in the South bldg. When we first walked into the suite the view from the front windows absolutely took my breath away. There are french doors that open to a little patio. Unfortunately it was snowy and bitterly cold during our visit so we couldn't use it. There are 3 windows that form a little alcove where the kitchen table is. It was so nice to be able to sit there in the morning enjoying a cup of coffee and be able to look out over the ocean.

The suite was a good size with radiant heat floors, a little kitchenette with sink, microwave and an induction cooktop hotplate. Both the living room and bedroom had flat screen tv's. The bedroom had an iphone clock/dock which I thought was a really nice touch. We also found two robes in the bedroom closet for our use. The bathroom had double sinks and a lighted make up mirror. I found the placement of the make up mirror rather odd as it was quite high up on the wall and I had to stand on a chair to use it. The hot water was almost instantaneous which was nice. Housekeeping was wonderful and the room was spotless. When we checked in/out all of the emplyees that we encountered were so friendly and welcoming.

The only cons were the living room furniture and the king size bed. My husband and I both found the furniture to be quite uncomfortable. The couch is on the small side and way too firm. Trying to sit on it to read a book or watch tv was really not enjoyable. The bed, while huge with lovely linens was also really uncomfortable. This is really just a matter of personal preference as I prefer a much softer mattress. I do have to say they provide you with tons of pillows and 2 extra blankets and we really appreciated that.

Overall we had a lovely time and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed staying in room 107. Beautiful views of the ocean from the living room/kitchenette...
1  Thank Jennifer G
There are newer reviews for The Beachmere Inn

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Beautiful hotel with friendly courteous staff. My husband and I decided to go for a last minute overnight trip last weekend. The hotel is in a great location over looking the ocean. They had a Pub right off of the entrance. Although most local business were not open we enjoyed the ocean scenery, going to a local lighthouse, and time in the great hot tub at the hotel. I would highly recommend a stay here.

We got a great room/rate due to the time of year for our stay.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have stayed at Beachmere several times. This last trip was a weekend getaway to break up the boredom of winter. We lucked out with warmer weather and were able to enjoy our balcony with ocean view, a walk on Marginal Way, and even a walk on the beach! Not bad for Feb. in Maine! The rooms are always clean and comfortable, staff is always courteous and friendly. Always a great time (any time of the year)!

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I decided to spend Thanksgiving in Maine on the coast (since we are expecting). My in-laws stayed somewhere else locally as well. We stayed in room 124 on the first floor. it is a corner room facing the ocean and had a very tiny balcony with 2 chairs (too cold for us to hang out on). It was a lovely room and just perfect for our weekend away (we stayed 4 nights). You can access the marginal way from the property for a nice walk.

The room we had was very spacious for 2 people, had a very large bathroom (I think it was a handicapped accessible unit) with radiant floor heating. The bed was very large and comfortable and the fire place (with timer) faced the bed or the sofa which was great. There was a kitchenette, 2 TVs, a small dining table and a small closet and dresser for storing items. The only downside this time of year is you had to go outside your door through an open hallway to the elements back to the door back inside to get to the front desk, breakfast or rest of hotel. The housekeeping was amazing and kept our room very tidy...she even did our dishes one day which was SO not needed (or required on her part).

The breakfast was okay and included. It had basic cereal/granola, some mixed fruit some days, yogurt some days along with bagels, english muffins and bread for toast. There was also various fresh baked goods but that was hit or miss depending on when you got there or whether they were actually good. Sometimes there was soft boiled eggs too. It was an adequate breakfast although I will admit we went to Congdons Donuts for breakfast one day so we could get eggs.

The hotel also had a small gym and spa, both of which I used. I used just the weights for some strength training but otherwise we strolled the beach enough. I also got a pregnancy massage while I was there which was nice. The room was clean and the ambiance nice. I did not use the hot tub given I am expecting (otherwise we would have).

All in all, I can say I would consider this hotel again for an off season stay but I would never pay for that room during peak season given we just don't think it is worth it.

Room Tip: They list out the rooms on their website with photographs....look at them and decide what you want a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have stayed at the Inn many times, so it won't come as a surprise that I am giving it a glowing recommendation. We traveled with three other couples during our last visit, and everyone was very pleased with their accommodations. It was a bit too cold to walk the Marginal Way, but the views of the Atlantic Ocean are breathtaking. The continental breakfast was more than adequate, and the word continental does not accurately describe the bountiful choices offered each morning. We forgot several items when we checked out, and when we called about them, they had all been found and kept in a safe place for friends who live locally to retrieve and return to us. There are no negatives that I can think of....for us it is home away from home.

Room Tip: We love the Victorian, and all of the lower level rooms that face the water.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol R
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I decided to extend our Home for the Holidays in Vermont by heading up to Ogunquit for a few days! I've never been to Maine in the winter, though we do go every summer and I have been going there since I was a little girl. We thought how nice it would be to see what the winter months were like, and the Beachmere was our first choice for where to stay since they have such a fantastic location on the Marginal Way and such beautiful ocean views. The perfect place to be stuck during a blizzard (which we knew was on the way!). We traveled to Ogunquit on New Years Day and checked in to room 215. It was clean and nice and had a beautiful ocean view, but once we arrived, and knew that big storm was on the way, we thought it may be worth it to check out one of the larger rooms with a fireplace. All I could think of was how nice it would be to cuddle up next to a fireplace and read a book while the wind and snow were whirling outside!

So on that first night we stopped down at the front desk and spoke with Jamie, she let us know that upgrading to one of the nicer rooms would definitely be an option as the inn was so quiet that weekend. We checked out different options and fell in love with room 224, gorgeous ocean views, lots of space, big king size bed, heated floors in the bathroom, and the one thing that I wanted most...a fireplace to cozy up next to! We were sold, and Jamie got us a great rate to transition over for the rest of our stay. The staff made the room switch very easy for us, and we were delighted with the new digs!

We spent four nights total at the Beachmere. We did exactly what we wanted to and stayed nice and cozy in the beautiful room 224! The food down at the pub was delicious, we ended up eating there several times as there was a great view, the staff was always friendly and accommodating, and the food was delicious.

Another nice treat was meeting Innkeeper Sarah. We are social media junkies, so I searched on Instagram to see if the Beachmere had an account! I came across Sarah's page and started tagging her in all of our Beachmere pictures. She commented back and forth with us,and then spotted me eating lunch in the pub so came over to say hello. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell that the attitude from all the staff at the hotel comes from the top down.

The view of the waves during Winter Storm Hercules, was awesome. We also took advantage of the exercise room, the hot tub, and went and had deep tissue couples massage one day, which was also wonderful and relaxing!

All in all, an excellent trip, so glad that we did it and enjoyed Ogunquit during the "off" season. We will be back and plan to make our Beachmere excursion a yearly one!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were there from the 1st of January to the 4th of January 2014. The view from our room was beautiful...the high and low tide were impressive. We were there during the "Hercules snow Storm" The employees work all day to assure safeness, snow removal was well done....The breakfast were delicious... and the pub at night offered good and satisfying meals. The best was the sauna in the basement, after long walks by the beach nothing better then to warm-up in the sauna. Everything was very clean. Nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Its fun to have a room with the view of the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple