“Gracious living”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If I were to go to Maine again, Ogunquit would be on my list as places to visit and I would stay at the Beachmere. To me the Beachmere offers the true New England coastal experience. I could easily see the Rockefellers, Kennedys staying at this beautiful old hotel. It's view is magnificent, it's location on the Marginal Way is wonderful and the proximity to Perkins Cove is convenient.
This is the type place you drive past and say, I wonder who stays there. You owe it to yourself to visit.
I have only stayed in the actual hotel itself so cannot speak for the motel of other properties. It does not offer a flat screen TV in every room, nor the biggest king size bed in Maine. What it does offer is a visit to the gracious living of an era gone by when you visited in a tea room or enjoyed serenity on the veranda. I hope the Beachmere lasts until I can visit Ogunquit once again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our first trip to Maine and it couldn't have been more perfect. The Beachmere was beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. We had a wonderful room where we enjoyed spectacular ocean views. It was also nice to have the complimentary continental breakfast (quite ample I might add) in the morning before we took off for the day. The trip was a great way to continue celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. To top it all off, the weather was perfect! Needless to say, we booked next year's trip.

Sally W

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful.
2  Thank Sally W
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As we have experienced before, Beachmere is quite wonderful. We didn't get to use our deck/balcony as much as we had rain in three of our four afternoons. The staff is always very nice, from the front desk to the breakfast prep crew, to housekeeping to maintenance. If I had a complaint, the Wi-Fi was flaky one night, but I had good signal to the room. I called the front desk who was also having issues (they even re-booted the router). I asked who their ISP was, and told Comcast. Ahhhh there's a weak link. Sadly, Beachmere will have to hold Comcast and their tech(s) feet to the fire to correct this (I'm guessing it could be as simple as a fitting or tap). Anyway...... We booked for next year, too.

Room Tip: Get a view of the water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a lovely hotel in a great location. This was our first time to Maine and our family of four thoroughly enjoyed it. We had an ocean view room in Beachmere West with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The staff was friendly and very accommodating to our two five year olds. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good, and the bistro was great for lunch and dinner. Service was excellent. It was also really nice to not have to leave the hotel, but if you want to, Perkins cove is down the road and Wells is in the other direction. The kids enjoyed the small beach area right off Marginal Way. A morning stroll on Marginal Way is the best way to start the day. They also enjoyed the small play room and the hot tub. This was perfect for us because we just wanted to get away from it all and relax. (There are other places to stay in Wells where you can be on the big beach, but we weren't interested in that.) Before I left, I booked next year's trip--this time in Beachmere South. Part of me didn't want to write this review because I don't want other people to know about this place--I'd like to keep it a secret.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Beachmere Inn is a wonderful place to stay! The rooms are clean. The views are just beautiful! The staff is warm and friendly! A wonderful place to spend our 37 Wedding Anniversary!
It was so has to leave....

Room Tip: Room 007 had 2 sliding doors for a beautiful croos breeze
1  Thank Dotttie G
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Simply a wonderful, relaxing place to stay. Everything is maintained beautifully, from the rooms to the property. The staff is top notch. A beautiful back lawn located right on Marginal Way with a spectacular view of the ocean. Wish I could spend the entire summer there!

Room Tip: A room on the first level will provide walk-out direct access to the beautiful, expansive backyard/l...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Donald S
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Donald S
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will return in the not too far future, we'll keep a lawn chair ready for you out on that lawn (though maybe not the whole summer :-)

Sarah Diment

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived just in time to see our first fantastic sunset. This on top of the wonderful beach and ocean views from our room got our stay off to a good start. I cannot praise the hotel,location,staff and area enough. We overheard someone describing it as "heaven on earth" and we had to agree.

The residents appeared to be all Americans and we were amazed that British people had never heard of Ogunquit let alone stay there.One of the reasons may be that we found it difficult to book online and had to ring the hotel direct .We will certainly recommend it and the hotel to them.

If you are touring Maine make this one of your stops on the way.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 23 in the Victorian building and thought it was first class. Check it out on the w...
2  Thank DavidSurrey_England

Dear DavidSurry_England

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and your lovely remarks about our property. The team works hard to make this everyone's "home away from home" while they are here. I'll let them know you appreciated their efforts!

We do host guests from Europe, mostly from the UK but also Germany and France. We'd love to host more of your friends, so send them over! Our new web site is under development and after it's completion we hope to have more on line booking availability. Hope to have you visit us again in the not too far away future.

Sarah Diment