“Another pleasurable stay”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is our second stay at the Beachmere and, again, a very pleasant stay. We have stayed in the same room each time. This is a very nice, quiet place to spend your time while in Ogunquit. The accommodations have been excellent in every way. Each morning there is a nice buffet breakfast with a rotating variety of offerings. Also, a nice jacuzzi for after a long day of cycling. Quite simply, our favorite place to stay in Ogunquit.

2  Thank holcars
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a rough year to date, I was looking for a place by the beach to relax. WOW! Did the Beachmere fit the bill to a T! The location right on the ocean was fabulous - and the lounge chairs on the lawn of the hotel were a great touch. The view from the balcony was stunning, and we spent a lot of time out there. The Marginal Way entrance was just outside the hotel and was a beautiful way to begin the day, watching the sunrise, before the path got busy. The suite itself (Rm 217) was incredibly spacious and CLEAN. Lots of space to unpack & hang clothing, and a LARGE 2-sink bathroom & spa shower were extra touches you don't get everywhere! Everything you want or need is within walking distance (shops, restaurants, market), but other attractions just are a short drive. Being able to sit on the lawn for the fireworks was great, and about 5 other towns had theirs the same evening & we were able to enjoy those as well while sitting & waiting for Ogunquit's to begin. Even though the hotel was full, it was never overcrowded. Staff was gracious and helpful. All in all, the trip was phenomenal. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Suite 217 in Beachmere West fit the bill in every way for 2 friends sharing some needed time away...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarenMF2406JM
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If I were to go to Maine again, Ogunquit would be on my list as places to visit and I would stay at the Beachmere. To me the Beachmere offers the true New England coastal experience. I could easily see the Rockefellers, Kennedys staying at this beautiful old hotel. It's view is magnificent, it's location on the Marginal Way is wonderful and the proximity to Perkins Cove is convenient.
This is the type place you drive past and say, I wonder who stays there. You owe it to yourself to visit.
I have only stayed in the actual hotel itself so cannot speak for the motel of other properties. It does not offer a flat screen TV in every room, nor the biggest king size bed in Maine. What it does offer is a visit to the gracious living of an era gone by when you visited in a tea room or enjoyed serenity on the veranda. I hope the Beachmere lasts until I can visit Ogunquit once again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our first trip to Maine and it couldn't have been more perfect. The Beachmere was beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. We had a wonderful room where we enjoyed spectacular ocean views. It was also nice to have the complimentary continental breakfast (quite ample I might add) in the morning before we took off for the day. The trip was a great way to continue celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. To top it all off, the weather was perfect! Needless to say, we booked next year's trip.

Sally W

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful.
2  Thank Sally W
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As we have experienced before, Beachmere is quite wonderful. We didn't get to use our deck/balcony as much as we had rain in three of our four afternoons. The staff is always very nice, from the front desk to the breakfast prep crew, to housekeeping to maintenance. If I had a complaint, the Wi-Fi was flaky one night, but I had good signal to the room. I called the front desk who was also having issues (they even re-booted the router). I asked who their ISP was, and told Comcast. Ahhhh there's a weak link. Sadly, Beachmere will have to hold Comcast and their tech(s) feet to the fire to correct this (I'm guessing it could be as simple as a fitting or tap). Anyway...... We booked for next year, too.

Room Tip: Get a view of the water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a lovely hotel in a great location. This was our first time to Maine and our family of four thoroughly enjoyed it. We had an ocean view room in Beachmere West with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The staff was friendly and very accommodating to our two five year olds. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good, and the bistro was great for lunch and dinner. Service was excellent. It was also really nice to not have to leave the hotel, but if you want to, Perkins cove is down the road and Wells is in the other direction. The kids enjoyed the small beach area right off Marginal Way. A morning stroll on Marginal Way is the best way to start the day. They also enjoyed the small play room and the hot tub. This was perfect for us because we just wanted to get away from it all and relax. (There are other places to stay in Wells where you can be on the big beach, but we weren't interested in that.) Before I left, I booked next year's trip--this time in Beachmere South. Part of me didn't want to write this review because I don't want other people to know about this place--I'd like to keep it a secret.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Beachmere Inn is a wonderful place to stay! The rooms are clean. The views are just beautiful! The staff is warm and friendly! A wonderful place to spend our 37 Wedding Anniversary!
It was so has to leave....

Room Tip: Room 007 had 2 sliding doors for a beautiful croos breeze
1  Thank Dotttie G