“Breathtaking Views!”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The Beachmere Inn is phenomenal! This was our first stay here and we will never try any place else in Ogunquit because it was perfect in every way! The views from the hotel are absolutely gorgeous. The room was clean, modern, and well kept with a fridge and small kitchenette. They provide a very well done hearty continental breakfast each morning. You have access to a little beach just outside the hotel courtyard which also gives you access to the Marginal Way. A short walk on this will take you into the town of Ogunquit or to Perkins Cove all the whole overlooking the ocean. Great place for people I all ages! I could really go on and on we wanted to stay forever!

• Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've wanted to take a trip to Ogunquit and stay at the Beachmere Inn for a few years now but we've never been able to plan accordingly. Finally our schedule opened up and we were able to squeeze in a short trip of 4 days for our family of 5 and our only complaint was that we. Wish we could've stayed much longer! The Beachmere Inn is by far the best place to stay in Ogunquit. The room was so clean and spacious, the staff were so friendly and helpful. You cannot go wrong staying here it is so nice! Two families we spoke with while on vacation told us they couldn't choose The Beachmere Inn because there wasn't a pool but I can say with three little ones 5 and under it wasn't even an issue. They have a huge lawn and a great swing set. After spending the day in the ocean I think it's nice to have a change of pace from the water and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and it was much more relaxing for us! We cannot wait to go back next year and bring more of our family members we just hope we are able to get our reservations in as this place fills up so fast! Now we know why!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room in this place. We stayed in the Victorian house and it was...
1  Thank Dee B
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was in York ME two years ago and I fell in love with Perkins Cove and Ogunquit. I decided to come back this year and I did my research on the various accomodations the area has to offer. My last visit wasn't a pleasant one as far as our hotel. I went on Trip Advisor and found out The Beachmere Inn was rated #1 and I was bound and determine that we were going to stay there. I was very fortunate to secure a weeks stay this August 9-16th 2014. I can definitely see why they are rated so high......The rooms are very roomy, cleaned every day if you wish, nice kitchenette, beautiful grounds, easy access to Marginal Way and the ocean which is literally steps away, the free continental breakfasts, friendly and accomodating staff and a wonderful fire pit to enjoy at night.They really think of everything in order to make your stay there an enjoyable one. The wonderful and beautiful sun rises and sunsets which we all were able to capture each day made for some amazing pictures. My two daughters had gone to the Bistro for a couple of drinks and a fresh made hummus plate which they stated it was fresh and delicious and the two young girls that waited on them were very friendly and sweet. I also loved the fact that they gave us a chart on when we could expect the low and high tide each day which i thought was very helpful so we knew when we could have better access to the beach/ocean. Another plus was the fact they had no pool and the reason why I enjoyed that was because the grounds are breathtakingly beautiful with the nice variety of flowers which makes the view of the ocean unobstructed and enjoyable by many. In my opinion a wonderful place to stay in Ogunquit ME. I plan on staying there in the future when I come back to visit this wonderful state called Maine.

Room Tip: Beautiful ocean views!
3  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice location. The place is quiet. Falling asleep with the waves sound was priceless. We would return next year. The private beach nearby is a plus as well as direct access to the marginal way. You park your car and everything is easily accessible by foot. We would highly recommend rooms with terrace facing the sea.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family decided to gamble on getting a room here in high season after camping for a night of luxury. Luckily the hotel had a room for us. Well appointed, ocean view, clean, crisp everything you could ask for in a room. Beautiful grounds, well kept and inviting. Great walk on Marginal Way with scenic views or a 20 minute walk to ocean. Easy stroll to downtown shops. My only complaint was the included breakfast buffet. Honestly I have had better in Marriotts for half the price of the room. Why no fresh fruit either sliced or in a salad? Bowls of Maine blueberries would have been lovely. Yogurt options beside vanilla would be nice too. Maybe sliced cheese or salmon? The baked goods were tasty and the granola delicious. Certainly was plenty of choices but sadly a little underwhelming. Was happy they let us check out at noon though!

2  Thank Chefette
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband, kids and I have been to Ogonquit Maine five out of seven years. We have stayed at the Beachmere four times. Last year we stayed at another just to try it out and the inn was booked for when we wanted to come. You have to book early at this inn that is always a good sign. We absolutely love this inn the view, the rooms, the staff and being on the marginal is absolutely wonderful and convenient. It's a nice walk to Perkins our downtown. The rooms are spectacular, clean and comfortable for my family of four. We stayed seven days, we didn't use the spa, sauna or hot tub though it was nice to have these options. We didn't have meals there other than the contential breakfast. Though the lobster bake on Wednesday looked and smelled amazing we will do it next year. We stayed in room 223 it has a beautiful view of the ocean and grounds. Our housekeeper Tammy was very friendly. She did miss some towels one day though it was totally okay since we liked her so much. The front desk staff the one night (I wish I could remember their names but it was the Friday night around 9 pm) was super great. I went down to look at rooms for next year and she talked us into 206 next year. It looks like a fabulous room with spectacular views so we can't wait. I love at low tide that there is a beach upfront and I even got wifi from the inn on it, which was very impressive. The wifi was great no issues at all. My kids loved the free movies though the popcorn with it was the icing on the cake for them. I would recommend some recent ones though lots to pick from. We did look at two other inns when we were there this week and there was no comparison for us. The Beachmere Inn is our place and we will go back again and again. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DizzieLizzy
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Beachmere Inn is more of a resort-it has the best views to the ocean and River with direct access to the Marginal way. The rooms are comfortable, efficient and quiet. You can lounge on the beautiful lawn overlooking the ocean and have lunch in the cafe on site or even visit their spa. Meredith is a very skilled massage therapist. I enjoyed and returned refreshed, renewed and relaxed from just staying at the Beachmere, All of the staff from the front desk, to housekeeping, restaurant and grounds, are not only friendly but want to ensure your stay is perfect. We've been going for years and just love our time at the Inn. I think it's one of the only "green" and environmentally friendly properties in Ogunquit. Must stay! Got to finally meet the owner, Sarah, a true Mainer who loves her work and her guests. No pets allowed and non-smoking property!

Room Tip: 2nd Floor Rooms are the quietest-south side have the best ocean views--Room 206 & 208 have the b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple