“Love the Beachmere”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We haven't been to the Beachmere in five years and forgot how much we really missed it. Hopefully, we will return in 2015. It is one of the nicest and friendliest resorts we have ever stayed in. We had lobster and steak on our deck. There is not a restaurant in Oguinquit that compares to the view and the ambience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

High end bedspreads (frette). It's the details that give you an idea of how great all else is. The views from most rooms are lovely, of Ogunquit beach. Staff from housekeeping to front desk to bar are all friendly. DVDs and popcorn. Breakfast is not the greatest though donut day is good. Staff take it away at 9:30 am sharp, and often the milk runs out before until a guest notices and informs. Yoga would be better before breakfast not 9a. Bocce and croquet a nice touch as is the occasional high end wedding. Walk just a few feet to little beach - go no further. Walk to Perkins cove or OGT center. On marginal way. Reserve a year in advance....the Victorian is nice but the modern rooms are just as good. The bottom line is that it is a beautiful friendly and pleasant place to stay and you won't want to leave.

Room Tip: They will give you specific rooms so look at the maps for configurations . Farther from checkin bett...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We were counting on TA to steer us to a peaceful location in the Kennebunkport-Ogunquit area. Made reservations 6 months in advance, & so glad that we did! Large condo-like suite. So well insulated that we could not hear a wedding reception on a side lawn. Huge bathroom. All areas well lite & plenty of electrical outlets. Strong WiFi with a different code given at check-in for each device you would be using. Beautiful view from balcony & lawn. Participated in Yoga on the Lawn on Sunday A.M. for $15. Disappointed in limited lunch & dinner offering.Kitchette with hot plate & fully stocked dishes/pots, allowed us ti cook lite meals in our room. Breakfast mych better. Take back to you room & watch the beach wake-up. Grounds are immaculate. Staff friendly & helpful. We hope to come back in another couple years.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Me and my husband needed a getaway. Some family circumstances led us to book our stay much later than we normally would have (only about 8 weeks early) but Darlene was so helpful on the phone and squeezed us in room 17 for a 3 night stay. We were so grateful because we knew we were late to book in such a popular destination at the peak of vacation season. Darlene said some people book a year in advance, so if you are set on a certain room, be sure to book very early.

Room 17 wasn't our first choice, because we really wanted a room on a top floor for a better arial view and more privacy. However, room 17 is charming in its own way. The fireplace is a unique feature, as only a few rooms have a fireplace. The covered porch is super for relaxing in the shade or to be able to enjoy the outdoors on a rainy day.

The grounds are beautiful and you can relax on the lawn and have an impeccable view. When the beach across the way is crowded, or you don't feel like walking to it, you can relax on the lawn at the Beachmere and take-in the sounds of the waves...you feel like you're on the beach just sitting on the lawn!

The Marginal Way has it's own private access point on the Beachmere lawn, and your room key opens the private gate...loved this feature! We went to the main beach one afternoon, and then spent some time on the small beach just outside the Beachmere gate, which was so convenient.

Just a few suggestions though:

1) We had access to our room from the inside lobby as well as our outside porch. This meant we always had to have our room key with us just to sit outside on the porch because the doors automatically lock behind you when the door is closed. This is great for security, but a little annoying if you just want to sit on your porch without your keys in hand....a door stop would be great to have available just to crack the door open and not have to worry about your key.

2) The breakfast is hit or miss. Our first morning was amazing! There was orange slices, watermelon, bananas, bagels, donuts, coffee, juice, and more! The second morning was still pretty good...I enjoyed some oatmeal mixed with some granola, but it wasn't as good as the day prior. Finally, on our last morning, the breakfast was very boring. I was tired of bagels and muffins/coffee cakes, and the oatmeal wasn't offered on our last day. I have a lactose problem, so the milk and cereal, and yogurt with granola weren't really options for me. I'm sure I could have asked for a little bit of oatmeal, but we were ready to hit the road to head home, so I didn't bother to ask.

3) The shower was not fun to use. I'm not sure if they use a low-flow shower head, but there was no water pressure. I literally had the hardest time rinsing my shampoo and conditioner out of my thick, curly hair. I thought it was just me, so my husband then took a shower and he also has a hard time rinsing out his thin hair. My normal 10-minute shower routine turned into 30 minutes! It wasn't enjoyable to shower at all...I'm not one to waste time in the shower, but 30 minutes to do my normal 10 minute rotine was a little annoying.

4) Our room was clean, but not as clean as it could have been. Our bed was nice, the furniture was clean, our dining table and kitchenette were clean, but, the floor rug looked dirty/stained, the baseboards/mouldings were a bit dusty, and the white doors has finger smudges down the sides. The room was plenty clean to sleep in, but it really could use a deep cleaning. I'm sure this is hard to do with back-to-back reservations, but those were just a few things we noticed.

All in all, we did enjoy our stay and we wouldn't hesitate to come back here next time we're in Ogunquit. It is a beautiful property and a charming spot to call home while on vacation!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is our second time staying at the Beachmere Inn. The staff are amazing, the rooms are immaculate, and the views breathtaking. We didn't want to leave! It is a perfect place for families, couples, and seniors. We plan to go back for a longer stay next year. We love it here. I don't want to stay at any other resort. My only suggestion would be to improve the bistro. Although they provide a contintental breakfast, it would be nice to add at least one hot protein such as quiche or scrambled eggs added to their menu. Also, they advertise the food as light fare which was fine and well prepared. But the night we had dinner, my soup was served in a paper bowl with a regular spoon. Yet we were given plastic utensils for dinner. My sandwich was served on a ceramic dish but we recieved cloth napkins; the menu was a little pricey for what you recieved. That being said, the Beachmere Inn is perfect spot to experience Maine.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victorian building. It had a bed and breakfast feel with wonderful views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The Beachmere Inn is phenomenal! This was our first stay here and we will never try any place else in Ogunquit because it was perfect in every way! The views from the hotel are absolutely gorgeous. The room was clean, modern, and well kept with a fridge and small kitchenette. They provide a very well done hearty continental breakfast each morning. You have access to a little beach just outside the hotel courtyard which also gives you access to the Marginal Way. A short walk on this will take you into the town of Ogunquit or to Perkins Cove all the whole overlooking the ocean. Great place for people I all ages! I could really go on and on we wanted to stay forever!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've wanted to take a trip to Ogunquit and stay at the Beachmere Inn for a few years now but we've never been able to plan accordingly. Finally our schedule opened up and we were able to squeeze in a short trip of 4 days for our family of 5 and our only complaint was that we. Wish we could've stayed much longer! The Beachmere Inn is by far the best place to stay in Ogunquit. The room was so clean and spacious, the staff were so friendly and helpful. You cannot go wrong staying here it is so nice! Two families we spoke with while on vacation told us they couldn't choose The Beachmere Inn because there wasn't a pool but I can say with three little ones 5 and under it wasn't even an issue. They have a huge lawn and a great swing set. After spending the day in the ocean I think it's nice to have a change of pace from the water and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and it was much more relaxing for us! We cannot wait to go back next year and bring more of our family members we just hope we are able to get our reservations in as this place fills up so fast! Now we know why!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room in this place. We stayed in the Victorian house and it was...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family