“Dreams do come true!!!”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
W Coxsackie
“Dreams do come true!!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2010

My husband took me and my two sons - ages 11 & 15 - away for a long Mother's Day weekend. I have always wanted to stay here and my husband surprised me with a wonderful Mother's Day gift!! From the moment we arrived - I never wanted to leave. The view was spectacular - the suite was large - extremely clean and beautiful!! The location on the Marginal Way was perfect and you can walk to many, many shops and restaurants. I will never stay any place else in Ogunquit!! My dream of staying at this beautiful and very friendly Inn was perfect! The staff was the best!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Boston
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Currently ranked the top lodging choice in town according to TripAdvisor, it's hard to give praise that others haven't already done. But I have to just say -- WOW. This place has views to end all views. The majestic ocean is outside your door, with super easy access to get as close as you'd like.
For eco-travelers, it's a delightful find. Water- and energy-saving devices abound but not at the expense of luxury. Toiletries are all by the green/Natura brand. The biggest green coup was the Marginal Way -- a 1.5 mile path right in front of the property that takes you to Perkins Cove or the town center all without driving your car (and paying those outrageous parking fees in Perkins Cove).
During inclement weather, the Beachmere has a room that has both decent exercise equipment and a children's play area.
While it is not the most affordable option in town, it certainly is the most breathtaking. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ExtraPickles
Sutton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My beautiful wife and I spent 2 nights @ the Beachmere Inn from April 17 - 19, 2010. One of the most memorable weekends we have ever had. Excellent room (218) with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. Extremely friendly and helpful staff who helped us explore an area of New England which we had sadly neglected. Excellent restaurants all around the area. Walking hand in hand on the Marginal Way in the rain, sunshine and back to rain was as fun and romantic as you can get. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2010

What a wonderful get away weekend, my husband and I had at The Beachmere ~ ! Everything was absolutely perfect...the view from our spacious, beautifully appointed and very comfortable room was so lovely, brunch and breakfast the next morning were delicious, and everyone at the Inn was helpful and very friendly...we look forward to our next visit ! The Inn's proximity to the Marginal Way was a delight; as we had a long, leisurely stroll along side the water...a real treat and escape from our hectic lives.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Windham, NH
Reviewed 12 March 2010

My extended family has been staying at The Beachmere Inn every year for more than 50 years. This family tradition was started by my husband's Grandparents and Aunt. It has been passed down to each following generation. Since meeting my husband in 1994, we have stayed at The Beachmere every year, first as a couple and now as a family with young children.

We have many special memories and favorites rooms. My favorite memories are my husband proposing to me on the rocks in front of the Inn, our wedding with family and friends staying at the Inn and reception at Clay Hill Farm, numerous family birthday and anniversary celebrations with lobster bakes on the back deck, and the joy on our kids faces every time we visit.

Last month, I surprised my family with the Clay Hill Package. This was our first time staying in the West building and during the winter. Room 121 was great with its king bed, 2 flat screen TVs, trundle bed, and of course, the ocean view. The hot tub is a must! Clay Hill has not lost its touch over the years. There was plenty of delicious food and to my surprise, they have a children's menu.

Even though we have just left, we are already counting the days to our summer vacation, knowing that 7 nights will not be enough. This is our relaxing vacation - we will park the car for the week, enjoy the Beachmere, the beaches, the Marginal Way and the local restaurants, especially Amore Breakfast and Barnicle Billy's.

Each morning, we'll wake up to the amazing ocean views, the fresh coffee and famous donuts. Then, we'll head down to the little beach for a swim. For the afternoon, we'll play sports on lawn (nothing beats the Beachmere lawn for sunning or a good football game). We'll end our day with cocktails on the deck and lobster rolls at Bawdy Sally's while enjoying the sunset.

I want to send a special thank-you to Sarah for continuing her family tradition. The Beachmere Inn is truly a warm beautiful place by the sea where you want to visit again and again. And, we will!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank beachmerefan
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed in the original house in one of the rooms with a private deck. It had the most beautiful ocean view and a fireplace and was EASY walking to everything!! We are planning to go back this summer.

Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank nmasulla
Worcester
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Beachmere Inn is a great property with spectacular views. We really enjoyed our stay. Everything was perfect from the moment we called to make the reservations - until check out - The room was clean. The breakfast was good and the staff was very pleasant.... Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple